Position description and duties:
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment.
- The Administrative Assistant for the Antelope Valley AJCC will perform Receptionist duties as well as providing support to the County Workforce Development programs.
- As a receptionist, the Administrative Assistant currently answers the phones as well as meets, greets and informs clients as they enter the building.
- The Administrative Assistant provides Center information regarding all services including accessibility, referrals, and processes.
- Conducts weekly virtual orientations for programs and track attendance of clients.
- Supporting the program requires the Administrative Assistant to engage with clients through phone, email and texts, writing case notes, and scanning and uploading documents.
- Provide support to Intake Specialist with scheduling appointments.
- The Administrative Assistant may facilitate individual and group intake enrollment and information sessions for job seekers on a regular schedule at the center and coordinate offsite and specialty intake sessions for events.
- The Administrative Assistant communicates program information to applicants and maintains a deep understanding of the purpose and intention of the forms being completed, how they are used and why we use them.
- The Administrative Assistant will develop a broad base of understanding of the different programs and be able to answer questions, responds to customer inquiries, and reach out to customers who do not have complete information for enrollment.
- Track enrollments and reports information to colleagues and management.
- Review eligibility documentation and verifies information prior to entering it.
- The position requires mastery of MS office and comfort in learning new applications.
- The Administrative Assistant will utilize various data bases (CALJOBS, Excel, SharePoint, etc) to enroll participants into applicable programs.
- The Administrative Assistant must be able to provide reports and communicate performance.
- Responsible for the timely submission, tracking and data entry of new customer information.
- Other support duties as assigned in that there will be significant cross training for other tasks.
- Assist with retention and follow-up services.
- Outreach to targeted populations such as CalWORKS youth, Rapid Response clients, and any of the programs that need additional support.
- Administrative Assistant will oversee Welcome Team that consists of supervising youth interns.
- The Administrative Assistant coordinates office events, conference room scheduling, and ensuring customers and staff are abiding by office procedures such as checking customers into the VOS Greeter, ensuring Customer Service Satisfaction survey is completed upon leaving the building, and adhering to COVID-19 safety procedures.
- Administrative Assistance maintains inventory of office supplies and work equipment; submits request for toner, office supplies, and request for any IT maintenance or repairs to Management.
- Requires typing of at least 50 wpm, experience as an assistant, and a great attitude.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Office or classroom environment in business/library fast paced setting.
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs with a fair amount of sitting, answering telephones, and movement within the resource room.
- High School diploma.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office at a high competency level.
- Must type at 50 wpm.
- Learn new applications with ease.
AA in Business, career counseling, WIOA/Salesforce experience.
EOE. Good benefits.
About JVS SoCal:
Founded in 1931, JVS-SoCal is a nonprofit, non-sectarian social service agency, providing job training, career services, mentoring and placement assistance to diverse and multicultural populations, transforming lives and empowering individuals to achieve dignity and economic independence through sustainable employment. JVS SoCal currently serves 40,000 to 50,000 clients annually at over 20 locations throughout Southern California, including Los Angeles, Riverside, San Bernardino, and Orange Counties.