Job seekers and businesses alike can access a comprehensive range of employment services at no cost, from training opportunities and placement assistance to candidate recruitment, at the America’s Job Centers of California, operated by JVS SoCal in Antelope Valley.
The Business Services Rep will Initiate, maintain, and develop employer relationships, developing employment opportunities,internships, and work-based learning experiences that link to career in high growth sector, On-the-Job Training and customized training and any other business engagement and training schools identified and/or approved by the County.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- They will be responsible for developing and conducting group format workshops regarding Comprehensive AJCC employment services for eligible participants and employers.
- Outreach in L.A. County to collaborate with businesses for job placement of Adult and Dislocated Workers.
- Conduct presentations to various group/businesses as it pertains to job placement goals.
- Provide comprehensive case management/assessment activities (as needed).
- Coach Adult and Dislocated Workers on interview skills, as needed.
- Facilitate job readiness workshops. Assist clients in writing targeted resumes.
- Responsible for client progress and job placement/wages/retention.
- Track client data in Internal and State databases through data entry and comprehensive case notes.
- Must meet contract goals for job placement, training completion, and job retention.
- Develop working relationships with other agencies that provide services to program participants.
- Other duties assigned as needed for the efficient operation of the Center/Program. Must meet weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly program goals as set by Program Supervisor.
Education and Qualifications:
- Proven track record in business-to-business sales in a performance driven occupation.
- Requires excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Requires ability to understand labor market information and employer requirements.
- Must be very comfortable and have the ability to cold call, network and open new business.
- Public speaking and presentations are mandated. Must be highly organized, detail oriented and work within time restrains and deadlines.
- Work flexible hours, early morning, evenings, and weekends may be required.
- Knowledge of WIOA common measures and requirements are needed.
- Proficient in Microsoft office products including Outlook, Work, Excel, and Power Point. Must be assertive, friendly and willing to work flexible hours to meet objectives and goals.
- Bachelor’s degree or minimum 3 years related experience.
Email resume and cover letter to David Santamaria. Subject line: AJCC Business Services Rep
JVS SoCal is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
About JVS SoCal:
Founded in 1931, JVS SoCal is a nonprofit, non-sectarian social service agency, providing job training, career services, mentoring and placement assistance to diverse and multicultural populations, transforming lives and empowering individuals to achieve dignity and economic independence through sustainable employment. JVS SoCal currently serves 40,000 to 50,000 clients annually at over 20 locations throughout Southern California, including Los Angeles, Riverside, San Bernardino, and Orange Counties.