Position description and duties:
- Assist Program Supervisor and Case Managers in keeping appropriate records and creating accurate case files in accordance with the contractual obligations.
- Keep electronic system of clients’ tracking updated on a daily basis, print required reposts, and assist the REAS Lead Supervisor and the Department director with preparation of monthly billing invoices and preparation of monitoring and auditing reports.
- Assist REAS Program staff communicating with clients and coordinating workshops and seminars.
- Assist with other clerical duties as required, such as filing, data entry and faxing.
- Manage the unassigned pool of clients referred to REAS and be responsible for assigning REAS participants to service providers.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Excellent organizational and self-management skills.
- Good inter-personal skill, be a good team player.
- Be able to deal with multiple priorities and assignments in a timely and efficient manner.
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions:
- Must be able to operate standard office equipment.
- Will work in business setting, able to travel to other locations, when necessary.
- Must be detail oriented, responsible, must be able to fulfill daily tasks without additional supervision.
AA or BA or at least two years of office experience required.
Bilingual Russian, Farsi, Armenian, Spanish or Arabic.
EOE. Good benefits.
About JVS SoCal:
Founded in 1931, JVS-SoCal is a nonprofit, non-sectarian social service agency, providing job training, career services, mentoring and placement assistance to diverse and multicultural populations, transforming lives and empowering individuals to achieve dignity and economic independence through sustainable employment. JVS SoCal currently serves 40,000 to 50,000 clients annually at over 20 locations throughout Southern California, including Los Angeles, Riverside, San Bernardino, and Orange Counties.