Administer and manage JVS SoCal’s of retirement, health and welfare employee benefit programs, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-and long-term disability, and 401k/403b plans.
Assures compliance with all applicable state and federal regulation. Responsibilities include explaining benefits and assisting in the business development and planning processes with service providers.
Compiles, analyzes and reports data including employee, plan financials for strategic benefits planning and evaluation.
Provides benefit plan interpretation, guidance and counsel to employees, executives and managers. Presents information to inform and educate management.
Serves as a liaison with service providers and brokers in business planning and benefit program interpretation.
Manages JVS-SoCal electronic benefits enrollment system, Paylocity. Ensures all Agency’s employees are currently enrolled in appropriate benefits plans. Oversees the quality of outsourced activities and to serve as a liaison between JVS SoCal’s employees and, brokers, insurance and retirement plan providers.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Monitors eligibility, limitations, and restrictions of plan participations and ensures compliance with both plan provisions and government requirements.
2. Provides guidance and counsel to employees, executives and managers on the requirements and provisions of benefit programs and assist with the resolution of potential problems.
3. Coordinates the design and communication of annual benefit (open) enrollment materials Drafts legal compliance documentation (SPDs)
4. Develops, conducts and participates in a variety of presentations to inform and educate executives, management and employees about changes to benefit plans, administrative practices and legislated requirements and programs.
5. Assist with the preparation of bid specifications analyze proposals and renewal information and interprets insurance carrier contracts.
6. Build and maintain relationships with health and retirement plan providers
7. Responsible for data necessary to complete government compliance activities (5500s, audits, etc.), employee mailings, vendor billings, coordinating data collection and updating numerous reports for management. Assures processes and procedures are in place to capture and maintain consistent and accurate benefit related data. Assists with employee data auditing and reporting.
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
*Demonstrated basic knowledge of employee benefit programs, including flexible benefit programs, financial analysis and budgeting.
*Requires strong communication skills, good writing skills, strong customer service and analytical skills.
*Ability to perform mathematical calculations in computing rates, premiums and adjustments.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office products.
· Organizational skills to develop/maintain reporting “standards” where applicable.
· Must be comfortable working independently and making decisions.
Office environment; will require travel to site visits and attendance at out of office meetings. Must be able to operate standard office equipment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a teammate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements due to computer work
· Light to moderate lifting is required
· Ability to uphold the stress of traveling
· Regular, predictable attendance is required; including driven hours as business demands dictate.
· Knowledge of employee benefit programs. Willing to learn and develop in these areas.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field with an emphasis in business, accounting or finance, or equivalent years professional/analytical experience related to the above described duties.
· Prior experience with HRIS and Timekeeping systems, such as ADP and Paylocity.
· Minimum of 1-3 years related experience required. Willingness to learn, grow and develop.
Please send cover letter with your resume to
Put on subject line: Benefits Administrator