Job Description and Duties
Primary duties include:
- Monitor budgets for all JVS programs and meets with Department Directors and Program Managers regularly to review budgets.
- Maintains, tracks and monitors program budget and prepares revised budgets as needed.
- Prepares individual grant and contract variance analysis reports and communicates results to Department and Associate Directors.
With direction from the CFO and Controller:
- Prepare, manage, and direct program budgets to include all resources: staffing, budget requests and allocations.
- Monitor and analyze the budget and expenditures of contracts and grants.
- Develop and justify program expenditure projections.
- Document assumptions and justification for presentation to leadership.
- Manage and work closely with the Senior Accountant to ensure that the agency’s revenue is accurate, timely and monitored.
- Prepare contract budget revisions.
- Prepare budgets and grants and contract proposals.
- Work closely with the Fundraising and Development department on revenue recognition and reconciliation.
- Review deposits made through the Development Department.
- Assist training program on budget procedures.
- Prepare close out reports.
- Acts as a back up to the Senior Accountant and Senior Budget Manager for billing and cost reimbursement reports.
- Cross-train to perform functions of other areas in the Accounting Department.
- Perform special project tasks on an as needed basis.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Must be able to operate standard office equipment.
- Will work in business setting.
- BA or BS in Accounting (or related courses) with 5-10 years of similar work experience.
- A history of non-profit experience and government contract experience is a must.
- Individuals must be well organized and able to work with interruptions.
- Advanced PC skills required: Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, etc.,) Sage MIP, Paylocity, etc.
About JVS SoCal:
Founded in 1931, JVS-SoCal is a nonprofit, non-sectarian social service agency, providing job training, career services, mentoring and placement assistance to diverse and multicultural populations, transforming lives and empowering individuals to achieve dignity and economic independence through sustainable employment. JVS SoCal currently serves 40,000 to 50,000 clients annually at over 20 locations throughout Southern California, including Los Angeles, Riverside, San Bernardino, and Orange Counties.