Career Coach- AJCC
Specialty: Adult/Dislocated Worker
Supervised By: Program Manager or Operations Manager
FLSA Status: hourly non-exempt
Salary: $20.50 / hour
JOB DESCRIPTION & DUTIES
Provides support and career guidance services to help participants reach their employment goals. May assist in determining eligibility and enrollments (intake) inputting data in our internal and State databases systems.
- Must have a passion to work and connect with participants. A strong customer service and counseling expertise with the ability to multi-task is required. Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to write professional resumes utilizing participant’s transferable skills. Must know and understand the labor market, technology-based career search methods, social media, employer and business needs and requirements. Needs to understand and teach the value of networking. Timeliness and attention to detail are essential. Must take initiative; must think outside the box and at the same time be able to work as part of a team towards unit goals. Knowledge of WIOA common measures and requirements are very helpful. Proficient in Microsoft office products including Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point. Must be assertive, friendly, and willing to work flexible hours to meet objectives and goals.
- Will work in an office environment, travel to employer and participant work sites. May be required to work some evenings and an occasional weekend day. Must be able to operate standard office equipment. Valid Driver’s License required. Must be able to operate standard office equipment and travel other offices.
- BA or BS degree in Social Work, Career Counseling, or other related fields (may be substituted for experience). Three or more years of experience working with priority populations. Proficiency in Window/Microsoft Office environment.
- Preferred: Background and experience in Case Management and/or Career Counseling.
- Preferred: Prior WIOA experience.
- Conducts diagnostic testing and other comprehensive assessments to ensure alignment of employment goals when developing their individual employment plan and that includes training process and OJT. Provides information on occupations with clear career paths in high-growth industry sector. Counsels’ participants on eligible training providers and specialized training.
- Provides comprehensive case management including transferable skills assessment, employment and training plan development, job development, and referrals to other social service programs (as needed).
- Engages participants in job readiness activities. Facilitates work skills training workshops and activities. Research career paths that enhance participants existing skills. Assists participants in writing targeted resumes. Responsible for tracking participant progress to include job placement, wages, and retention.
- Attend all County mandatory trainings and meetings. Maybe required to travel to other JVS SoCal managed offices and JVS SoCal’s corporate office as needed.
- Maintain accurate participant data in our internal and State databases through data entry and comprehensive case notes. Must meet contract goals for job placement, training completion, and job retention. Develops working relationships with other agencies that provide services for holistic service delivery. Will also work as part of a team in developing new grants and funding opportunities. Other duties assigned as needed for the efficient operation of the Center/Program. Must meet weekly, monthly, quarterly & yearly program goals as set by Program Manager.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the incumbent must be able to do the following: stand for extended periods; sit for extended periods; bend and reach for filing and other job-related functions; climb up and down stairs; bend, stoop, and lift to move and retrieve materials; pull, push, and lift; reach both above and below shoulder height. Specific visual abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to visually inspect work. Manual dexterity to operate computer and other office equipment required.
The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to . Subject line: Career Coach – Adult Dislocated Worker
JVS SoCal is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, physical disability, mental disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, national or ethnic origin, genetic information or any other protected status.
About JVS SoCal:
Founded in 1931, JVS-SoCal is a nonprofit, non-sectarian social service agency, providing job training, career services, mentoring and placement assistance to diverse and multicultural populations, transforming lives and empowering individuals to achieve dignity and economic independence through sustainable employment. JVS SoCal currently serves 40,000 to 50,000 clients annually at over 20 locations throughout Southern California, including Los Angeles, Riverside, San Bernardino, and Orange Counties.