This is a part time position, 20-25 hours a week, that serves West Hollywood residents, identifying their employment goals, developing their job readiness, and assisting them in finding suitable employment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The WeHoWorks Career Coach meets and exceeds performance and outcome goals as set by the City of West Hollywood and JVS Management. The tasks will include developing Individual Employment Plans, assessing clients’ skills and goals, and identifying job opportunities.
- The position involves working with businesses to find jobs and matching clients to opportunities.
- The Career Coach will be responsible for setting up recruitments and events designed to get West Hollywood participants employment.
- This individual is required to maintain timely documentation and reports according to WeHo City program guidelines. Responsible for timely submission and accuracy of data, case notes and reports.
- Is knowledgeable about the range of services in the community and develops and maintains relationships with partners to deliver a comprehensive array of services to customers.
- Will make group presentations and may deliver workshops in the areas of resume preparation, interviewing techniques, and job searching strategies.
- Will complete other tasks as required to fulfill the requirements of contracts. Attend training and/or meetings when scheduled.
- The position involves working from the WeHo library office and following LA County and JVS SoCal’s Covid-19 guidelines.
- The Career Coach will be supervised by and report to the West Hollywood Program Manager.
- Welcomes customers to the West Hollywood Career Center located in the West Hollywood Library.
- Demonstrated experience communicating effectively with stakeholders in written and oral form, including electronic media, using positive interpersonal skills.
- Prior experience with dislocated worker and high-risk populations is valuable.
- Skill in facilitating groups, writing resumes and working with diverse populations is essential.
- Have fluency in Microsoft Office Suite and other relevant software. Case management experience is helpful.
Must be detail oriented and have the ability to write clear, concise, professional case notes. Must be able to read and write effectively to follow and understand procedures and communicate necessary information (excellent organizational skills). Must be flexible, reliable, dependable and able to work in a team environment. Ability to use good judgment, interview techniques and interpersonal skills
- Preferred BA or BS degree in Career Counseling, Communications or another related field.
JVS SoCal is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
About JVS SoCal:
Founded in 1931, JVS-SoCal is a nonprofit, non-sectarian social service agency, providing job training, career services, mentoring and placement assistance to diverse and multicultural populations, transforming lives and empowering individuals to achieve dignity and economic independence through sustainable employment. JVS SoCal currently serves 40,000 to 50,000 clients annually at over 20 locations throughout Southern California, including Los Angeles, Riverside, San Bernardino, and Orange Counties.