JVSWorks programs provide opportunity to individuals with barriers to employment to embark upon a career in a high growth/high demand business sector. CareerWork$ Medical provides entry level non-clinical positions with career mobility and benefits at hospitals, clinics and other healthcare settings. The 8-week training program includes in-class replication of workplace expectations, extensive soft skills focus, review of industry rules and regulations, and intensive customer service training. JVSWorks programs all include technical training, case management, job placement support and job retention support at no cost to participants.
Job Description and Duties:
The CareerWork$ Medical Trainer Manager reports to the JVS Works Associate Director. The primary responsibility of the CareerWork$ Medical Trainer Manager is to deliver the established training program in a high-quality fashion that achieves outcomes that include:
• Participant program completion rate
• Participant placement rate
• Participant job retention rate
• Positive employer feedback and overall satisfaction with hires
• Based on feedback from employers, adjusting curriculum and training to meet employer needs
• Using suitable observation and communication skills, identify participants in need of support and provide them with appropriate coaching, guidance and/or referrals
• Using adult learning principles and appropriate classroom management techniques, ensure:
o A high degree of learning by program participants
o Maintenance of appropriate decorum in the classroom
o Disciplined replication of workplace expectations, including those related to on-time arrival and attendance, attire, comportment and interpersonal interactions
o Achievement of program goals
• Ensure that classrooms are maintained in a safe, neat and orderly fashion
• When training is hosted at a site provided by a program partner, ensure 100% compliance with venue rules and regulations; maintain a positive and professional relationship with the community partner manager and other on-site staff
• Participate in program graduations, including candidate presentations
• Serve as liaison between program graduates and employers during hiring process
• Conduct employment and income verifications for twelve months following placement
Reporting and Compliance
• Ensure class rosters, attendance, drop sheets and graduation information are collected, accurate and complete
• Ensure 100% compliance with Employment Training Panel (ETP) requirements
• Engage in regular contact with AJCC to receive and obtain information regarding co-enrolled CareerWork$ Medical participants
• Process, complete and/or submit all required paperwork within scope of authority and expertise
Outreach and Recruiting
• Participate with staff in recruitment, orientation, screening, testing and assessment activities, and the selection of qualified program participants
• Support program outreach and promotional activities and represent the CareerWork$ Medical program where relevant
• Make formal and informal presentations to internal and external groups when necessary
• Respond to follow-up requests for information
• Work independently, demonstrate good judgement and be accountable
• Maintain a positive and professional relationship with students, employers, partners, vendors and fellow employees
• Perform related duties as assigned by Director or JVS Senior Leadership
Qualifications and Position Requirements:
• Minimum 3 years’ experience of demonstrated experience performing work related to client recruitment/enrollment and/or classroom training, career assessment, and planning in a healthcare or health related environment.
• Prior supervisory/managerial responsibility.
• Knowledge of hospital and healthcare industry preferred.
• Prior group/classroom training experience required.
• Must be able to work effectively with a student population comprised of low- to moderate-income individuals who face barriers to employment.
• Proficient in use of PC and able to assist students in accessing on-line portions of the training program.
• Strong interpersonal skills and cooperative manner required with an ability to interact effectively with program participants, JVS staff and other parties.
• Must model appropriate behavior (communication, punctuality, etc.)
Additionally, the successful candidate must offer: Strong coaching skills, organizational skills, resourcefulness, initiative, attention to detail, ability to perform comfortably in a business and social service environment, strong written and oral communication/presentation skills, strong interpersonal skills, a high level of tact and diplomacy, public speaking capability, professional appearance, proficient in Microsoft Office applications and internet tools.
Duties and responsibilities are carried out with considerable independence within the framework of established policies, procedures and guidelines.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
Must be able to operate standard office equipment; will work in business, classroom and other settings; frequently stands, walks, sits and climbs in performing duties in the office and at offsite locations; required to talk and hear, both in person and by telephone, use computers and standard office equipment; frequently lifts and carries up to 5lbs, occasionally up to 25lbs; must have reliable transportation for conveyance to training site locations.
Two-year degree or equivalent
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree, Salesforce
Please send your resume to Put on subject line: CareerWork$ Medical Trainer Manager