JVS SoCal seeks a strategic, creative, and collaborative Digital Marketing Manager to join the Marketing & Communications (MarCom) team. This role will manage the owned media vertical and is responsible for overseeing and executing digital marketing, social media, and paid media strategies to grow and strengthen JVS SoCal’s brand awareness and engagement.
This position reports to the Director of Marketing & Communications and works collaboratively with other areas of the organization such as Philanthropy, Programs, Donor Groups, Ops/Admin, and more. This role has no direct reports but collaborates frequently with external agencies, freelance contractors, senior leadership, staff, and other volunteer leaders.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Typical responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plan, develop, and implement email, social media, and paid media strategies including SEO/SEM, content planning, content curation, engagement strategy, and editorial development, that promote JVS SoCal’s mission and programmatic work.
- Lead the creation, editing, production, and publishing of all external-facing digital content for JVS SoCal’s website and social media channels to increase the reach, effectiveness, and relevance of its digital communications.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to generate fresh, accurate, and up-to-date digital content, follow industry best practices for digital copywriting and SEO.
- Drive growth across website traffic, email subscribers, social media followers/engagement, and online donations.
- Project manage digital campaigns, ensuring tactical work aligns with strategic goals.
- Optimize website content, landing pages, and paid search copy.
- Keep abreast of SEO/SEM and integrated marketing trends.
- Monitor, analyze, and evaluate website, social media, and paid search results to increase brand reach and engagement.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, advertising/media, and/or other related fields.
- 4+ years of experience in digital marketing, social media, and paid media, including a successful track record of managing cross-platform social media for an organization.
- Highly proficient in writing and editing cross-channel and cross-platform communications.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft 365.
- Experience using CRM, CMS, website, social media, and analytics platforms and tools including WordPress, Mailchimp, Hootsuite, Google Analytics, etc.
- relevant experience may be substituted for each year of required education. For example: If a position requires a Bachelor’s degree and you have no college credits, you may substitute 6 years of relevant experience for the Bachelor’s degree. One and a half years of relevant experience may be substituted for a graduate degree. For example: If a position requires a Master’s degree and you have neither a Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree, you may substitute and additional one and a half years of relevant experience for the required education.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Passion for JVS SoCal’s mission and an understanding of the constituencies it serves.
- Proven ability to manage digital marketing, social media, and paid media strategies in the nonprofit sector with a track record of translating strategy into tangible results.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong collaborative skills with the ability to work cross-functionally across all marketing verticals and with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong command of English, AP Stylebook, editing skills, and attention to detail. Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
- Familiarity with the nuances in storytelling and content appropriate to each social media platform.
- Highly developed organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage several projects concurrently and meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated and collaborative team player.
- Willingness to travel locally for certain key events.
JVS SoCal is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
About JVS SoCal:
Founded in 1931, JVS-SoCal is a nonprofit, non-sectarian social service agency, providing job training, career services, mentoring and placement assistance to diverse and multicultural populations, transforming lives and empowering individuals to achieve dignity and economic independence through sustainable employment. JVS SoCal currently serves 40,000 to 50,000 clients annually at over 20 locations throughout Southern California, including Los Angeles, Riverside, San Bernardino, and Orange Counties.