Under the direction of the Chief Strategy Officer (CSO), the Director of Program Operations, JVSWorks is responsible for the operations and oversight of current and new and innovative training programs to help individuals prepare for the current and future workforce. This position will take a leadership role in the growth and administration of the suite of JVSWorks programs including day-to-day operations, funding, partnerships and strategic alliances, strategic planning, systems, policies and procedures, budgeting and reporting. This position will supervise the Associate Director of Training, JVSWorks and will lead the overall management of JVSWorks program staff, establishing and reinforcing systems, policies and procedures to ensure the success of JVSWorks.
The Director of Program Operations will share oversight and accountability for the successful operation of all JVSWorks training programs in partnership with the Associate Director of Training. The Director of Program Operations will work in tandem with the JVS SoCal Philanthropy Department to ensure funding for all programs; and with the JVSWorks Recruitment Marketing and Intake Team to recruit quality candidates and bring classes to capacity. This position will also work with the JVS SoCal Marketing and Communications Department to increase awareness of JVSWorks programs and to support the recruitment of quality candidates. The Director of Program Operations will be responsible for the ongoing integration of programs within the JVS SoCal organization and work to expand the impact and reach of training programs within the Southern California region. The Director of Program Operations will also participate in the agency’s Expanded Leadership Team meetings and perform duties as assigned from time-to-time by Executive Management.
The Director of Program Operations will lead and manage JVSWorks in partnership with the Associate Director of Training and JVSWorks Program Trainer/Managers and their respective staff to achieve mutually agreed upon goals and outcomes to:
· Market and sell current and new programs to employers and funders
· Consistently meet with employers and develop partnership agreements
· maintain and increase participant enrollment, completion, placement and retention
· Maintain and increase employer satisfaction based on communications, curriculum and candidates placed and retained
Outcomes will be achieved by way of:
JVSWorks Program Operations Leadership
· Drive the development and implementation of new and sustainable workforce training programs and training locations
· Serve as liaison with senior leadership, department heads and committee leaders
· Collaborate with Works staff, JVS executive management and affiliated workgroups to develop, submit and monitor the annual Works plan and budget
· Develop strategic partnerships in the communities for program delivery
· Oversee program operations in partnership with JVSWorks Program Trainer/Managers
· Responsible for facility oversite of the Career Training Center
New Program/Product Development
· Lead, promote and encourage the development and implementation of innovative regional workforce training programs and make recommendations for future programs
· Facilitate the ongoing development of updated, effective curricula to meet the needs of business and industry
· Work in tandem with Philanthropy, Grants, JVSWorks Team and Executive Management to develop
funding and partnership opportunities with foundations, donors and business partners to increase revenue
· Responsible for the accurate accounting of training hours submitted to the Employment Training Panel (ETP), staying current and up-to-date with ETP funding policies and changes in funding levels. Work in partnership with JVSWorks Program Trainer/Managers and SoCal Fiscal Department to monitor accuracy and ensure timely billing.
· Develop and maintain a close working relationship with employers and community partners
· Represent JVS-SoCal at Workforce and training conferences, meetings and events
· In partnership with JVS Marketing/ Communication, develop and implement strategies for recruitment of candidates and potential employers
Administration & Financial Management
· Responsible for development of JVSWorks and individual JVSWorks program budgets, and ensure adherence to department budgets, contracts and audit requests
· Track, monitor and report progress on key metrics and outcomes, including fundraising
· Work with the Associate Director of Training to develop staff and support team members to achieve program and individual career goals
· The use of data, processes and lean agile methodology to guide and inform all decisions
· Demonstrated sales and marketing capabilities
· Business development principles to initiate, nurture and maintain collaborative relationships with employer and community partners
· Ability to plan, organize and direct the development and implementation of workforce development training programs
· Communicate effectively and succinctly both verbally and in written form, representing JVSWorks as all events
· Perform complex tasks and manage multiple projects and timelines, meeting deadlines
· Ability to manage technology and online platforms, Microsoft suite, Salesforce training preferred
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
Must be able to operate standard office equipment, work in business, classroom and various other settings; lift and carry up to 5 lbs., occasionally up to 25 lbs.; have reliable transportation to locations around LA, OC, and may work some evenings and weekends.
Undergraduate degree in education, business administration, public administration or related field. Preferred, advanced degree along with 3-5 years of experience in education, technical training, program design, development, implementation and management. Experienced in business development, leadership, operations and sales. Experience in leading early stage testing and development of projects, utilizing project management principles.
Please send your resume to Put on subject line: Director of Program Operations, JVSWorks