JOB TITLE: GAIN Service Supervisor (GSS)
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Exempt, Full-time
PROVIDES SUPERVISION TO: GAIN Case Service Workers, Unit Assistants
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager or Program Director
The GAIN Service Supervisor (GSS) is an integral part in the GAIN Program. The GSS reports to the Operations Manager or Program Director. Case management supervisors often supervise specialized units of case managers and may be required to manage a caseload. Regardless of the specialization of each individual unit, supervisors are responsible for the following:
• Plan, assign, supervise and evaluate the work of a unit of case managers and unit assistants.
• Monitor the interaction between case manager and participants during interviews, group orientations, and other face-to-face contact.
• Review case records and contracts for completeness, accuracy, consistency, and conformity with GAIN regulations, policies, and proper case management practices.
• Discuss cases with case managers and makes suggestions and recommendations as to methods of resolving problem situations.
• Meet and maintain liaisons with service provides to resolve difficult problems and assists case managers in conciliating participants’ disputes with service providers and/or agency policies.
• Evaluate staff performance to provide management with information necessary to develop non-discretionary case management procedures.
• Participate in GAIN grievance hearings.
• Ensure adherence to legal and company policies and procedures and undertake disciplinary actions
• Supervise and assist in training and developing staff. Process payroll, vacation and other time off requests using Agency’s payroll system (Paylocity).
• Access the interactive computer systems (LRS/CalSaws) for use in the daily monitoring of case manager performance.
• Supervise the preparation of reports by subordinate staff.
• Ensure that case manager meet participant program completion and contract placement goals.
• Contribute to a cheerful, enthusiastic office environment, while achieving unit production goals.
• Develop, write and provide performance reviews for case management staff, under supervision.
• Perform other duties as may be assigned by management.
• Must attend all county mandatory trainings.
QUALIFICATIONS AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
• At least one year of supervisory experience with a bachelor degree
• The ability to successfully perform in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment.
• Must have at least 3 years of social case management experience
• Exceptional Time Management Skills.
• Must be accurate, detailed oriented and possess good follow-through skills.
• Must have good business writing and communication skills.
• The ability to work as a team member and independently.
• Execute many complex tasks simultaneously.
• Must have excellent customer skills, patience and tolerance in serving others.
• Worked in a diverse environment.
• This position will support the Chatsworth and Santa Clarita offices.
• Experience working with the underserved and underrepresented communities.
• Knowledge of computers and applications such as MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
• Type a minimum 40 wpm.
• Performs other duties as assigned by management.
• Must pass criminal and background screenings prior to hire, during employment and promotions.
Bachelor degree in related field from an accredited college or university with one year of supervisory experience. In lieu of degree, must have at two years of supervisory experience and enroll in a bachelor degree program in a related field. Maintain at least 3 units per semester (4 units per quarter) accredited college or university. Enrollment must be done within a year of hire or promotion. Annual proof of enrollment is required to continue employment.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to, stand, sit; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard reach, stoop, and kneel.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include vision requirements due to computer work and driving to various locations and Agency mandated trainings.
Light to moderate lifting is required. Occasionally lifting and carrying objects weighing up to 30 pounds.
Ability to uphold the stress of traveling.
Regular, predictable attendance is required including driven hours as business demands dictate.