SUMMARY DESCRIPTION & JOB DUTIES
The Grant Development Specialist must be an excellent writer with a proven track record of securing grants from public and private funders. The Grant Development Specialist is responsible for researching, tracking, summarizing and analyzing potential government, foundation and corporate funding opportunities that align with agency goals in workforce development and training. This includes utilizing qualitative and quantitative criteria available via on-line databases, annual reports, search engines, etc. This position will identify funders’ areas of interest, giving patterns, income, IRS filings, foundation and tax reports and more to evaluate fit and potential giving level.
The Grant Development Specialist will write compelling proposals to fund program sustainability, expansion and growth in partnership with the Grants Supervisor and program team. This position will have access to confidential information and will be mandated to maintain this confidentiality. This position will coordinate confidential information in collaboration with Fiscal and other departments in preparing proposals. This position will gather information and statistics needed to support proposals, attend bidders’ conferences, and offer recommendations on new potential funders. The Grant Development Specialist will enter and manage foundation submissions, correspondence, awards and reports in Raiser’s Edge, will work closely with the Grants Supervisor and Program Managers to develop LOI’s and full grant proposals, and will coordinate with the Philanthropy Department regarding proposals and opportunities for donor engagement.
Qualifications and Position Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- 1-3 years of experience writing grants with a track record of success.
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software. Will develop spreadsheets, graphs and flow charts to highlight critical data.
- Excellent writing, communication, and editing skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with both internal and external partner while maintaining confidentiality of information shared.
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or similar grants management software preferred.
Will work in an office environment, travel independently to bidders’ conferences, service sites, etc. May be required to work some evenings and an occasional weekend day. Must be able to operate standard office equipment.
Please send your resume to Indicate on subject line: Grant Development Specialist