The Graphic Design Manager will create high quality contemporary artwork for digital and print, in accordance with the JVS SoCal style guide. The position reports to the VP Marketing & Communications and works closely with the growing communications team to create fully integrated marketing campaigns that drive program recruitment, communications, and fund development initiatives. The Graphic Design Manager will also work as a creative services resource to teams across the organization.
Graphic Design and Production:
- Develops all graphic elements including, but not limited to digital, social, print ads, flyers, signs, banners, collateral, corporate identity, PowerPoint presentations, and more as assigned
- Creates graphic content for website, uploading photos and video; updates editorial content as needed
- Works closely with project requestors to ensure the objectives of each project are clear, ensures all projects clearly convey the desired message
- Adheres to agency style guide regarding the use of photography, typography, color palette and more and ensures others do as well
- Works closely with Communications team and Project Manager to develop, implement and track marketing for new programs, initiatives, and services
- Proofs deliverables to ensure they are free of errors and typos
- Works with vendors to secure printing bids and order print jobs, and oversees printing projects through delivery
- Oversees the work of design agencies and freelancers as assigned
Creative Services and Brand Management:
- Receives creative service requests from agency departments; meets with requestors and ensures project objectives are clear and on strategy
- Manages and traffics creative services projects to ensure they are delivered on time and with ample time for review and approvals
- Manages and organizes team’s graphics/creative assets, e.g., logos, campaign artwork, etc.
- Provides graphic assets to third parties for co-branding and reviews third-party creative for proper use of JVS SoCal brand.
- Reviews creative assets developed by other departments and provides feedback to ensure brand consistency
- Participates in Communications Dept. team meetings, and in making strategic decisions based upon data analysis
- Participates in and/or leads group/team brainstorm sessions, contributing ideas to creatively drive integrated campaigns
- Degree in Graphic Design, visual arts, marketing, communications, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in graphic design for print and web, in addition to print production
- Proven ability to use images and effective typography to deliver a strong message, and to create brand campaign elements that are consistent across platforms (digital, including web and social media, print)
- Understands the fundamentals of branding and marketing
- Digital savvy, understands and remains current with digital and social trends and specs
- Expert-level skill with Adobe Creative Cloud software, and proficient in Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator)
- Well versed in use of digital collaboration tools, e.g., Project management platforms, Google Docs, Dropbox, etc.
- Solid knowledge of the printing process and ability to prepare files for printing
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Familiarity with HTML and web content management systems such as WordPress
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively with peers, managers, and department heads
- Comfortable working independently or collaboratively with a team, and working with colleagues in other JVS SoCal offices throughout L.A. County
- Excellent organizational skills, initiative, follow-through, and attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines with high level of accuracy in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Familiar with photo credit, trademark, and other rights to image use
- Must submit application with a strong portfolio of completed graphic design projects
This profile does not state or imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the jobholder. He/She/They will be required to follow any other instructions or perform other duties as requested by his/her supervisor. This is not meant to be an exhaustive list of job duties. Essential elements may change when necessary.
About JVS SoCal
Founded in 1931, JVS-SoCal is a nonprofit, non-sectarian social service agency, providing job training, career services, mentoring and placement assistance to diverse and multicultural populations, transforming lives and empowering individuals to achieve dignity and economic independence through sustainable employment. JVS SoCal currently serves 40,000 to 50,000 clients annually at over 20 locations throughout Southern California, including Los Angeles, Riverside, San Bernardino, and Orange Counties. For a more complete listing of our programs and services, please see our Resource Guide.