The Graphic Design Manager will create high quality contemporary artwork for digital and print, in accordance with the JVS SoCal style guide. The position reports to the Communications Director and works closely with the growing communications team to create fully integrated marketing campaigns that drive program recruitment, communications and fund development initiatives. The Manager will also work as a creative services resource to teams across the organization.
Graphic Design and Production:
- Develops all graphic elements including: digital and social, print ads, flyers, signs and banners, collateral, corporate identity, PowerPoint presentations, and more as assigned
- Creates graphic content for website, uploading photos and video; updates editorial content as needed; tracks and reports on website analytics
- Works closely with project requestors to ensure the objectives of each project are clear, then ensures all projects clearly convey the desired message
- Adheres to agency style guide regarding the use of photography, typography, color palette and more and ensures others do as well
- Works closely with Communications team to develop, implement and track marketing for new programs, initiatives and services
- Proofs deliverables to ensure they are delivered for review free of errors and typos
- Works with vendors to secure printing bids and order print jobs, and oversees printing projects through delivery
- Oversees the work of design agencies and freelancers as assigned
Creative Services and Brand Management:
- Receives creative services requests from agency departments; meets with requestors and ensures project objectives are clear and on strategy
- Manages and traffics creative services projects to ensure they are delivered on time and with ample time for review and approvals
- Manages and organizes team’s graphics/creative assets, e.g., logos, campaign artwork, etc.
- Provides graphic assets to third parties for co-branding and reviews third-party creative for proper use of JVS SoCal brand.
- Reviews creative assets developed by other departments and provides feedback to ensure brand consistency
- Participates in Communications Dept. team meetings, and participates in making strategic decisions based upon data analysis
- Participates in and/or leads group/team brainstorm sessions, contributing ideas to creatively drive integrated campaigns
- 5+ years of experience in graphic design for print and web, in addition to print production
- Proven ability to use images and effective typography to deliver a strong message, and to create brand campaign elements that are consistent across platforms (digital, including web and social media, print)
- Understands the fundamentals of branding and marketing
- Digital-savvy, understands and remains current with digital and social trends and specs
- Expert-level skill with design software and technologies (e.g., InDesign, Photoshop)
- Well versed in use of digital collaboration tools, e.g., Project management platforms, Google docs, Dropbox, etc.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively with peers, managers and department heads
- Comfortable working independently or collaboratively with a team, and working with colleagues in other JVS SoCal offices throughout L.A. County
- Excellent organization skills, initiative, follow-through, and attention to detail, and ability to meet multiple deadlines with high level of accuracy in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Familiar with photo credit, trademark, and other rights to image use
- Able to work weekends and evenings on occasion
- Degree in Graphic Design or related field
- Must submit application with a strong design portfolio
About JVS SoCal
Founded in 1931, JVS SoCal provides job training, career counseling, mentoring and placement services to diverse and multicultural populations, transforming lives and empowering individuals to achieve dignity and economic independence through sustainable employment. JVS SoCal currently serves over 30,000 clients annually at 18 sites throughout Los Angeles County, offering more than 40 life-changing programs.
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. On subject line type: Graphic Production Mgr.