The Intake Specialists will perform intake, eligibility and initial assessments, provide labor market information, provide Comprehensive AJCC and AJCC partner system navigation information, and conduct informational workshops and other similar basic career services.
- Meets and greets first time and continuing customers.
- Identifies customer needs and expectations and directs customers to next steps.
- Provides Center information regarding all services including accessibility, referrals, and processes.
- Answers telephone, takes messages, distributes messages and transfers calls to appropriate staff.
- Coordinates and plans for assessing suitability and eligibility for job seekers interested in receiving America’s Job Center services.
- Facilitates individual and group intake and information sessions for job seekers on a regular schedule at the center and coordinates offsite and specialty intake sessions for events.
- Communicates program information to applicants and maintains a deep understanding of the purpose and intention of the forms being completed, how they are used and why we use them.
- Knowledgeable of all program and services.
- Answers questions, responds to customer inquiries, and reaches out to customers who do not have complete information for enrollment.
- Tracks enrollments and reports information to colleagues and management.
- Reviews right to work documentation and verifies information prior to entering it.
- Utilizes CalJOBS as an application tool to enroll participants into the WIOA program.
- Utilizes Microsoft office tools and web based data base to pull reports and communicate performance.
- Responsible for the timely submission, tracking and onboarding of new customer information with support of Career Coach team with follow-up and case notes as needed.
- Other support duties as assigned in that there will be significant cross training for other tasks.
Qualifications and Position Requirements:
- Three years direct customer service experience with the ability to manage a diverse client population with varied barriers toward employment.
- Work as part of a team and make independent decision regarding client needs.
- Must know how to take initiative to research information for staff and for job seeker clients.
- Have strong interviewing skills to make initial client needs assessments for appropriate referrals.
- Bilingual in Spanish or other community based language.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
Will work in an office environment, travel to employer and client work sites. May be required to work some evenings and an occasional weekend day. Must be able to operate standard office equipment. Requires traveling to various business and other work sites.
- High School diploma or GED. Associate’s Degree preferred.
- AA in Business or experience in a WorkSource Center.
- Bilingual in Spanish or other community based language preferred.
- $19.50 / hour
EOE. Good benefits.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to . Subject line: Intake Specialist – Palmdale AJCC
JVS SoCal is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, physical disability, mental disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, national or ethnic origin, genetic information or any other protected status.
About JVS SoCal:
Founded in 1931, JVS-SoCal is a nonprofit, non-sectarian social service agency, providing job training, career services, mentoring and placement assistance to diverse and multicultural populations, transforming lives and empowering individuals to achieve dignity and economic independence through sustainable employment. JVS SoCal currently serves 40,000 to 50,000 clients annually at over 20 locations throughout Southern California, including Los Angeles, Riverside, San Bernardino, and Orange Counties.