Department: IT and Facilities
Location: La Cienega
Supervised By: Director of IT
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Salary: $24.04 an hour or $50,000 annual
The primary responsibility of IT/Facilities Help Desk Technician is to monitor SolarWinds based Service Desk Portal and resolve Tier 1 issues or identify other needs.
- Must have 2-4 years of experience working as a Help Desk Technician or an AA or BA in Information Systems with 2 years of experience working as a Help Desk Technician
- Must be proficient in MS Office 365 and Mac products
- Knowledge of network environment and Microsoft Server infrastructure is required
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to provide good customer service and follow up on the issues
- Good communication and verbal skills
- Detail-oriented and ability to multitask
- Strong time-management skills and ability to work independently
- Must have secure transportation as this position requires travel between all of JVS’s offices
- Monitoring Service Desk Portal and identify priorities
- Troubleshooting to detect and solve technical problems via direct communications with the users by phone, email, remote access or a the site
- Following up on opened tickets
- Assisting with IT projects throughout the agency
- Assisting Facilities requests, as needed
- Conducting physical asset inventory and assisting in recycling process
While performing the essential functions of this job, the incumbent must be able to do the following: stand for extended periods; sit for extended periods; bend and reach for filing and other job-related functions; climb up and down stairs; bend, stoop, and lift to move and retrieve materials; pull, push, and lift up to 50 lbs; reach both above and below shoulder height. Specific visual abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to visually inspect work. Manual dexterity to operate computer and other office equipment required.
The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made.
EOE. Good benefits.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to . Subject line: Intake Specialist – Palmdale AJCC
JVS SoCal is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, physical disability, mental disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, national or ethnic origin, genetic information or any other protected status.
About JVS SoCal:
Founded in 1931, JVS-SoCal is a nonprofit, non-sectarian social service agency, providing job training, career services, mentoring and placement assistance to diverse and multicultural populations, transforming lives and empowering individuals to achieve dignity and economic independence through sustainable employment. JVS SoCal currently serves 40,000 to 50,000 clients annually at over 20 locations throughout Southern California, including Los Angeles, Riverside, San Bernardino, and Orange Counties.