Founded in 1931 in the midst of the Great Depression, the legacy of today’s JVS SoCal began with a single desk in a Bunker Hill office in downtown Los Angeles, serving job seekers who were struggling to survive amid overt workplace discrimination. Eight decades later, the agency is a recognized regional leader in the field of workforce development, offering a broad range of innovative programs to 50,000 individuals each year and advocating on issues of public policy that impact the people we service.Our mission is: Empowering individuals to achieve dignity and economic independence through sustainable employment.
Job Description and Duties:
The primary responsibility of IT Support Technician is to provide support to users who are experiencing problems with their computers/printers/scanners/phones or software. Support can be provided in person, over the phone or online. The issues may range from network systems and cloud environment to individual equipment.
The duties include:
- Maintaining the agency’s IT hardware, software, equipment, etc.
- Troubleshooting to detect and solve technical problems
- Installing or updating required hardware and software
- Assisting with the re-locations, technical trainings and events equipment set up
- Conducting physical asset inventory and assisting in recycling process
- Travel as required to our approximate 20 sites
- Extensive knowledge of both PC and Mac environments
- Proficient in MS Office 365
- Knowledge of network environment and Microsoft Server infrastructure
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to provide good customer service and follow up on the issues
- Good communication and verbal skills
- Detail-oriented and ability to multitask
- Strong time-management skills and ability to work independently
- Current driver license and good driving record
- Duties and responsibilities are carried out with considerable independence within the framework of established policies, procedures and guidelines
- Works well in a collaborative environment
JVS SoCal has multiple locations throughout LA County. Headquarters are located at 6505 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 200, Los Angeles, CA 90048
JVS SoCal IT Department includes Director of IT and IT/Facilities Manager. This position will report to the Director of IT.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
Must be able to operate standard office equipment, will work in business, classroom, library, warehouse and other settings; frequently stands, walks, sits, climbs, crawls in performing duties in the office and at offsite locations; required to talk and hear, both in person and by telephone; lifts and carries up to 25 lbs.; must have reliable transportation to travel to JVS SoCal ‘s 20+ sites.
Bachelor’s Degree in computer information science
3+ years of experience in IT Support field