ApartmentWorks® Instructor/Certificate for Apartment Maintenance Technicians
Little Tokyo Location (near downtown Los Angeles) (Contract Position – Part-Time)
Conducted in partnership with the National Apartment Association, JVS ApartmentWorks® is a nationally recognized job training course for apartment maintenance technicians, a high demand profession. The program offers job placement assistance and ongoing coaching. Apartment maintenance technicians earn an excellent starting salary as well as benefits and opportunities for advancement.
Job Description and Duties:
- Utilizing curriculum created by the National Apartment Association Education Institute, deliver 90 hours of classroom instruction covering:
- Interior and exterior maintenance and repair
- Electrical maintenance and repair
- Plumbing maintenance and repair
- HVAC maintenance and repair
- Appliances maintenance and repair
- Using adult learning principles and appropriate classroom management techniques, ensure:
- A high degree of learning by program participants
- Maintenance of appropriate decorum in the classroom
- Achievement of program goals
- Coordination with Program Manager
- Provide program manager with frequent updates on progress of class and individual participants
- Coordinate with program manager regarding any intervention needed to assure participant success
Qualifications and Position Requirements:
Minimum 3-5 years apartment maintenance experience, including supervisory/managerial responsibility.
Must be knowledgeable and skilled in all subject matter covered by the curriculum.
Prior group/classroom training experience required.
Proficient in use of PC and able to assist students in accessing on-line portions of the training program.
Strong interpersonal skills and cooperative manner required with an ability to interact effectively with program participants, JVS staff and other parties.
Must model appropriate behavior (communication, punctuality, etc.)
Must be well organized.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
This is a contract (IRS Form 1099) position.
Sessions run four times per year.
Each session is comprised of approximately 90 hours of training, typically delivered over
approximately three weeks on Monday-Friday from 9:00 to 5:00.
JVS is open to alternative scheduling.
Must be able to appropriately demonstrate maintenance and repair techniques using a variety of tools and apartment-related items.
Must be able to operate standard office equipment. Will work in business and classroom settings.
Preferred: 2-year degree or equivalent.
Please send your resume to HR@jvs-socal.org. Put on subject line: ApartmentWorks® Instructor.