JVS SoCal seeks an experienced career training professional to lead the JVSWorks teams and oversee JVSWorks award-winning programs. Under the direction of the Chief Strategy Officer (CSO), the Director,
JVSWorks is responsible for the operations and performance of JVSWorks’ career training programs to help individuals prepare for the current and future workforce. JVSWorks resembles an assembly line connecting and integrating outreach and recruitment marketing, applications, assessment, enrollment, case management, job training, career coaching, employer engagement, graduations and interviews, placement and retention training.
This position is a leadership role and includes day-to-day administrative, sales and operations management, nurturing employer and community partnerships, and implementation of existing and new JVSWorks career training programs.
This position will supervise and share program oversight and accountability with the Associate Directors and Program Managers, establishing and reinforcing career training systems, policies and procedures to ensure the success of JVSWorks programs which currently include ApartmentWorks, BankWork$, CareerWork$ Medical, and HealthWorks. These positions work in partnership with Recruitment Marketing staff and
The Director will also oversee a Program Administrator that is responsible for managing the La Cienega training facility, overseeing Employee Training Panel (ETP) reporting and billing, and ensures standards for
program reporting through Salesforce.
The Director will work to achieve mutually agreed upon goals and outcomes to:
- Promote current and new programs to employers and funders
- Consistently meet with employers and develop partnership agreements
- Meet high standards for participant recruitment, enrollment, completion, placement and retention
- Work with staff and partners to evolve curriculum
- Satisfy the requirements of government and licensing partners
- Meet or exceed fundraising goals and funder requirements prioritizing ETP
Outcomes will be achieved by way of:
- JVSWorks Program Operations Leadership
- Oversee program operations and drive the performance and sustainability of JVS SoCal career training programs in partnership with JVSWorks Associate Directors, Program Trainer/Managers, and Program
- Serve as liaison with senior leadership, department heads and committee leaders
- Collaborate with JVSWorks staff, senior leadership and Finance to develop, submit and monitor the annual Works plan and budget
- Develop strategic partnerships in the community for program delivery
- Responsible for facility oversite of the La Cienega Career Training Center
New Program/Product Development
- Lead, promote and encourage the development and implementation of new career training programs and make recommendations for future programs
- Facilitate the ongoing development of updated, effective curricula to meet the needs of business and industry partners
- Work in tandem with Philanthropy, Grants, JVSWorks Team and Executive Management to develop funding and partnership opportunities with foundations, donors and business partners to increase
- Ensure the accurate accounting of training hours submitted to the Employment Training Panel (ETP), staying current and up to date with ETP funding policies and changes in funding levels. Work in
partnership with JVSWorks Associate Directors, Program Trainer/Managers, Program Coordinators, Program Administrator, and SoCal Fiscal Department to monitor accuracy and ensure timely billing.
- Develop and maintain a close working relationship with employers and community partners
- Represent JVS-SoCal at Workforce and training conferences, meetings and events
- Work with JVS SoCal Marketing & Communications to develop and implement strategies for recruitment of candidates and potential employers
Administration & Financial Management
- Develop JVSWorks and individual JVSWorks program budgets, and ensure adherence to department budgets, contracts and audit requests
- Track, monitor and report progress on key metrics and outcomes
- Work with Associate Directors to develop staff and support team members to achieve program and individual career goals
- Ability to plan, organize and direct the development and implementation of workforce development training programs
- The use of data, processes and agile methodology to guide and inform all decisions
- Demonstrated business development capabilities to initiate, nurture and maintain collaborative relationships with employer and community partners
- Communicate effectively and succinctly both verbally and in written form, representing JVSWorks and JVS SoCal
- Perform complex tasks and manage multiple projects and timelines, meeting deadlines
- Ability to manage technology and online platforms, including Microsoft, Virtual Learning Management Systems, and Salesforce
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
Must be able to work in business, classroom and various other settings and have reliable transportation to locations around Los Angeles County and may work some evenings and weekends.
Education / Certification / Licensure
- Undergraduate or advanced degree in career training and/or education, business administration, public administration or related field, along with minimum of 7-10 years of experience in education, technical
training, program design, development, implementation and management.
- Experienced in business development, leadership, and operations.
- Experience in leading early-stage testing and development of projects, utilizing project management principles.
JVS SoCal is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
About JVS SoCal:
Founded in 1931, JVS SoCal is a nonprofit, non-sectarian social service agency, providing job training, career services, mentoring and placement assistance to diverse and multicultural populations, transforming lives and empowering individuals to achieve dignity and economic independence through sustainable employment. JVS SoCal currently serves 40,000 to 50,000 clients annually at over 20 locations throughout Southern California, including Los Angeles, Riverside, San Bernardino, and Orange Counties.