JVSWorks® Outreach & Recruiting Manager
JVSWorks programs provide opportunity to individuals with barriers to employment to embark upon a career in a high growth/high demand business sector. JVSWorks programs all include technical training, case management, job placement support and job retention support.
Job Description and Duties:
As a member of the JVSWorks team (encompassing BankWork$®, HealthWorks® and ApartmentWorks® and pilot programs in development), the Outreach & Recruiting Manager will be primarily responsible for the marketing and promotion of the JVS Works programs as a means to maximize the number of qualified applicants enrolled in the programs. As the programs are designed to serve low- to moderate-income individuals and others facing barriers to employment, outreach will be primarily focused on the disadvantaged and underserved communities across Southern California.
The primary responsibility of the Outreach & Recruiting Manager is to achieve outcomes related to:
- Number of applicants screened for the three JVSWorks programs; BankWork$, ApartmentWorks, HealthWorks and pilot programs in development
- Number of qualified applicants invited to participate in program assessments
- Number of participants enrolled in JVSWorks programs
- Number of job fairs and community events canvassed
- Frequency, number and quality of outreach efforts, including face to face encounters, with prospective referral resources
- Frequency and effectiveness of use of social media to reach prospective applicants
Outcomes will be achieved by way of:
- Provides leadership and works with staff to develop and maintain a high performance, and responsive marketing and recruiting function
- Plans, organizes, supervises, and participates in providing administrative direction required for implementing and coordinating all aspects of a proactive student/participant recruitment program
- Works collaboratively with the program function to present a unified approach to identify and enroll students into JVSWorks
- Plans and participates in community outreach events and programs that result in student enrollment and retention
- Establishes relationship building activities with external parties to identify students, promote academic programs and career pathways
- Develops, implements and maintains comprehensive JVSWorks marketing and recruitment plans and budgets built on measurable performance benchmarks that increases enrollment
- Develops and implements a printed and electronic social media strategy to maximize outreach and position JVSWorks for long-term enrollment growth
- Contributes to the content development of newsletters and promotional and other collateral/materials that are distributed throughout the district, and externally as appropriate
- Develops brand and messaging techniques to reach potential and existing students
- Participates in committee processes and senior leadership meetings designed around student recruiting, enrollment and retention
- Participates in public relations and community engagement activities where participant populations can be identified
- Works closely with various departments to implement plans to secure ongoing media coverage of JVSWorks program news and events and in appropriate publications, including Spanish language media
- Prepares and recommends marketing and outreach budgets and administers approved funding
- May participate in sourcing and preparing grant funding proposals
- Maintaining database(s) of target recipients of marketing and recruitment communications
- Oversees tracking applicants through all steps of recruitment, assessment and enrollment processes, and referral of non-qualified applicants to other JVS programs and services, and/or lists of potential candidates for other JVS programs
- Manages online application and registration process
- Communicates compliance/non-compliance of applicant progress
- Ensuring JVS website, recruitment flyers and promotional email accurately show application deadlines and program delivery dates
- Quality assurance related to application processes and protocols
- Liaises with other resources to refer unqualified candidates as appropriate
- Manages applicant records and database for the generation of reports and provides research and analysis on marketing and recruitment activities
- Supports outreach efforts to alumni and prospective ambassadors including advising and participating in the training and development of the ambassadors
- Performs other related duties as assigned that support the objective of the position
- Provide supervision to Intake Specialist(s)
Position Qualifications and Requirements:
- Specialization in marketing to include public and media relations, communications, advertising, social media, and externally through community relations
- Principles of research/data driven marketing campaign and project management
- Ability to promote JVSWorks and workforce training in general
- Knowledge of the principles of performance measurement
- Sufficient math skills to perform financial calculations and statistical analysis using Excel
- Write in a persuasive and professional manner, proofread and edit accurately, and compile presentation-quality communications.
- Train and provide work direction to others
- Work flexible hours as the job requires, including evenings and weekends
- Must have reliable transportation for conveyance to locations around Southern California
- Strong organizational skills; Ability to multi-task
- Familiarity with the communities of greater Los Angeles, greater Long Beach, Orange County, San Bernardino County, and other parts of Southern California
- Outgoing, solid public speaking experience, and strong customer service skills with ability to develop a rapport over the phone and in person
- Professional appearance
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
Must be able to operate standard office equipment; will work in business, classroom and other various settings; frequently stands, walks, sits and climbs in performing duties in the office and at office site locations; Frequently lifts and carries up to 5 lbs., occasionally up to 25 lbs.; must have reliable transportation for conveyance to locations around Southern California; may be required to work some evenings and occasional weekend day.
While performing these duties, the incumbent is regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret complex data, information and documents; analyze and solve complex problems; use math/mathematical reasoning; perform highly detailed work under changing, intensive deadlines, on multiple concurrent tasks; work with constant interruptions, and interact with program management, staff, participants, and others encountered in the course of work.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred, with emphasis in marketing, communications, advertising, public relations, or equivalent; and a minimum of three years of progressive responsible experience in a marketing, advertising, campaign design, and project management environment, or a combination of education and experience. Valid driver’s license.
Please send your resume to HR@jvs-socal.org. Put on subject line: JVSWorks Outreach & Recruiting Manager.