The Measure H Homeless Career Coach (HCC) works closely with a Social Enterprise who refers homeless clients for employment services and training. The HCC also works with local employers to promote hiring of homeless job seekers using existing AJCC services by preparing the client and finding employers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
This HCC will both conduct outreach to employers and businesses, and provide employment preparation, job development and job placement services to homeless job seekers. Additionally, the HCC will provide workshops to help prepare and develop job seekers. As housing costs continue to climb, promotion of job skills and career path support will be increasingly important to help adults gain meaningful employment and mitigate homelessness.
The HCC will have an understanding of WIOA requirements and performance measures, and will be knowledgeable about the range of services in the community and develop and maintain relationships with partners to deliver a comprehensive array of services to customers. Must be able to make group presentations.
In order to develop clients, the HCC may deliver workshops in the areas of resume preparation, interviewing techniques, social media and on-line presence. Must be available to work flexible hours
including evenings and some Saturdays. Will complete other tasks as required to fulfill the requirements of contracts.
This HCC is responsible for performance outcomes including enrollments and placements.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Must have a passion to work and connect with underserved individuals.
- Demonstrated experience communicating effectively with stakeholders in written and oral form, including electronic media, using positive interpersonal skills. Prior experience with high-risk populations is helpful.
- Skill in facilitating groups, writing resumes and working with diverse population.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office software and other relevant software is preferable.
- The position requires a minimum of 2 years’ experience in Workforce Development or a related field.
- BA or BS degree in Social Work, or other related field.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Office or classroom environment in fast paced setting.
- Must be able to lift 15 lbs with a fair amount of sitting, answering telephones, and movement within the Career Center.
- May require travel to Social Enterprise.
- May be required to work some evenings and/or weekends.
JVS SoCal is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
About JVS SoCal:
Founded in 1931, JVS-SoCal is a nonprofit, non-sectarian social service agency, providing job training, career services, mentoring and placement assistance to diverse and multicultural populations, transforming lives and empowering individuals to achieve dignity and economic independence through sustainable employment. JVS SoCal currently serves 40,000 to 50,000 clients annually at over 20 locations throughout Southern California, including Los Angeles, Riverside, San Bernardino, and Orange Counties.