Under the leadership of the GAIN Program Director, the Operations Manager will enhance the effectiveness of all aspects of case management operations and staff in compliance with Los Angeles County, state, and federal requirements. In collaboration with the prime contractor, the operations manager will analyze processes and workflow to increase accountability and performance outcomes in the measured standards set by Los Angeles County Department of Department Public Social Services (DPSS). Analyze reports and data generated by LA County and prime contractor to develop new processes and corrective action plans. Responds to LA County and prime contractor communication and performance reporting systems. In collaboration with prime contractor, sets policy and procedures to meet and exceed contract performance. Key responsibilities include coaching, training and leadership development. Develops and maintains effective communication with DPSS management and staff, community groups, prime contractor and JVS SoCal senior management. Ensures that all program activities meet corporate standards of excellence. Administers the GAIN program in a non-discretionary manner and in compliance with the CalWorks Program Guide and State regulations, LA County plans, and the LA County Operational Procedures Manual. An interregional part of the JVS SoCal management team.
• Oversees all aspects of the employees’ performance and work life.
• Responsible for coordinating the interviewing, selecting and training for new employees for the office and ensure all training is documented.
• Develops, writes and provides performance reviews and disciplinary actions for staff in partnership with Human Resources Manager.
• Partners with Human Resources Manager to support the recruitment, hiring, training of staff, meeting the language, culturally diverse and bilingual needs of the program.
• Monitors the interaction between Supervisors and the Case Managers as well as between the employees and the Participants to ensure business is conducted in a professional manner.
• Assist with escalated participant issues as outlined in the Chain of Command or as needed.
• Ensures employees are meeting all performance metrics and are consistently following prescribed processes as outlined by the County.
• Responsible for ensuring all Supervisors and Case Managers follow up on and meet all objectives required for the E2Lite/TANF and Expanded Sample Cases.
• Attend all County mandatory trainings. Maybe required to travel to other JVS SoCal managed offices and JVS SoCal’s corporate office as needed.
• Meets with and maintains liaison with service providers to resolve difficult problems and assists case managers in conciliating participants’ disputes with service providers and/or agency policies.
• Monitors all weekly, daily and monthly reports to ensure Supervisors/Case Managers are following up on cases and managing the caseloads efficiently.
• Responsible for submitting all reports to Management by the prescribed deadline.
• Responsible for ensuring Supervisors/Case Managers submit all reports on time. Operations Manager and Supervisor to follow up with documented conversation and disciplinary action where necessary.
• Responsible for ensuring that all project deadlines are met by both the Supervisor and the Case Manager.
• Monitors processes to ensure they are working to meet the required contracted performance goals. Collaborates with other operations mangers to propose possible changes to existing processes that might benefit overall office performance.
• Monitors performance through the QA and PICO audits and ensure that all case corrections are completed on time
• Along with the Supervisors, tracks, verifies and monitors employee attendance, time punches and time sheets. Follows up with documented conversations and disciplinary action.
• Sets guidelines and approves time off requests in such a way as to ensure adequate coverage within the office. All schedule change requests must be approved by the Operations Manager.
• Supports Job Development by ensuring Case Managers provide TSE and Job Fair Referrals.
• Regularly reviews and documents employee performance and provides feedback and training to Supervisors and Case Managers to ensure their continued growth, development and success in meeting the contracted performance metrics.
• Ensures all Case Managers follow up on ASH and VIP Complaints. Supervisor is to follow up in absence of the Case Manager.
• Ensures that all employees comply with company dress code, rules, safety and security measures.
• May be required to develop and implement training to all staff levels as required.
• Ensures they and their staff attend all training scheduled by the project and the county.
• Shares best practices with other units and offices and collaborates with other operations managers to ensure performance success throughout the entire project.
• Performs all tasks assigned by management.
QUALIFICATIONS AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
• At least 4 years of progressive management experience in a leadership and decision-making role.
• Knowledge of GAIN Program and contract requirements or equivalent work experience in WTW programs, job development placement, and or case management.
• Experience leading a team to meet and exceed contract performance outcomes.
• The ability to successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously.
• Superior communication skills, easily interacts with executives, prime contractor and team members at all levels to improve staff morale and performance
• Exceptional team leadership skills to include the ability to effectively coach, motivate and empower team members.
• Ability to successfully perform in a fast-paced, deadline-driven work environment.
• Solve problems and work independently and as a team member.
• Must have good business written and oral communication skill.
• Worked in a diverse environment.
• Experience working with the underserved and underrepresented communities.
• Experience working in a union environment preferred.
• Must demonstrate personal and professional integrity, high energy level, and a passion for superior customer service at all levels of the organization.
• Familiar with MS Office (Word, Excel, power Point, and Outlook) and other databases.
• Must have valid driver license and car insurance with reliable form of transportation.
• Must pass criminal and background screenings prior to hire, during employment and promotions.
Bachelor’s degree in related field from an accredited college or university required. In lieu of degree, must have at least eight years of management experience. and enroll in a bachelor’s degree program in a related field. Maintain at least 3 units per semester (4 units per quarter) accredited college or university. Enrollment must be done within a year of hire or promotion and degree completed within four years. Annual proof of enrollment is required to continue employment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to, stand, sit; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard reach, stoop and kneel.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include vision requirements due to computer work and driving to various locations and Agency mandated trainings.
• Light to moderate lifting is required. Occasionally lifting and carrying objects weighing up to 30 pounds.
• Ability to withstand frequent travel.
• Considerable walking may be involved.
• Bending, stooping or squatting may be involved.
• Regular, predictable attendance is required including driven hours as business demands dictate.
• Requires local travel on a regular basis for success on the project.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by management to perform other nonessential assignments and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
JVS SoCal is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.