Creating Career Connections
Part-time (20 hours per week)
Women’s Career Services at JVS SoCal is expanding to include a short-term program for jobseekers to help individuals enhance their networking capital and learn more about the field in which they are searching for employment. This program will serve as an extension to our well-known WoMentoring program, a career development program for women in greater Los Angeles. Creating Career Connections will provide networking and informational interview opportunities for job seekers as they search for employment. This position will be responsible for the comprehensive services associated with the development and launch of this program and subsequently sustaining it.
- Recruitment of jobseekers from existing JVS programs and other applicants. Will also recruit experts in a range of career fields to enhance existing database.
- Training of jobseekers to perform effective informational interviews to increase knowledge of the career path, form appropriate connections and encourage future opportunities for connection within their networks. Experts will also be trained to provide appropriate information to jobseekers.
- Matching jobseekers with experts who can provide information and future connections is an essential part of this job.
- Program Evaluation to assess the success of the program. Surveys will need to be designed, administered, and evaluated.
- Other duties as assigned.
Excellent organizational, research, writing and computer skills a must. Requires strong communication skills, both written and oral, along with interpersonal and customer service skills. Computer skills for record keeping. Use of virtual communication tools, e.g., Zoom, Microsoft Teams, etc. This position is fully remote during the pandemic but will return to an office setting. This position is part of a Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Must be able to operate standard office equipment and have strong knowledge of Microsoft office products and software, virtually at home or at the office.
Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Communications, or related liberal arts field with relevant experience.