The Rapid Response Coordinator utilizes current business data to conduct research and analyze business climate of industry sectors and leads Rapid Response team activities to provide layoff and layoff aversion services to businesses having difficulty retaining staff due to economic conditions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Makes cold calls, participates in job and business expos, provides information on resources for emergency assistance, provides TAA orientations, provides training orientation on industry specific opportunities, provides information about all services available via WorkSource, BusinessSource, JVS and other resources.
- Will help businesses to improve their competitiveness and profitability by 1) showing businesses how to effectively hire, train, re-train and retain workers, 2) providing expertise the business doesn’t have, such as training, and 3) linking businesses to resources available in the community, such as business incentives, support for companies that are downsizing, and other available resources.
- May facilitate job readiness workshops and will track client data in internal and state databases through data entry, comprehensive case notes and reports. Must meet program goals as established annually.
- High School diploma.
- Pass Microsoft Office ProveIT at high competency level
- AA degree in Business or previous experience in a Job/Career center setting preferred.
- Career counseling experience desired.
- WIOA/Salesforce a plus.
- Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Office or classroom environment in business/library fast paced setting.
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs. with a fair amount of sitting, answering telephones, and movement within the resource library.
JVS SoCal is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
About JVS SoCal:
Founded in 1931, JVS-SoCal is a nonprofit, non-sectarian social service agency, providing job training, career services, mentoring and placement assistance to diverse and multicultural populations, transforming lives and empowering individuals to achieve dignity and economic independence through sustainable employment. JVS SoCal currently serves 40,000 to 50,000 clients annually at over 20 locations throughout Southern California, including Los Angeles, Riverside, San Bernardino, and Orange Counties.