JOB DESCRIPTION & DUTIES
The primary responsibility of this position is to seek out and market to employers and businesses to hire REAS participants, job placements, and retention. The candidate will:
- Maintain the Resource rooms for the REAS office and sub offices by ensuring that job opportunities, postings, Job Fairs and other events are readily available for the job seeker.
- Obtain job orders that are appropriate for the REAS population with a focus on participants with barriers including: lack of local work experience, limited English speakers or other barriers to employment.
- Coach and assist participants in filling out applications, developing resumes, goal setting, develop an individual job search plan, lead in-house job search, mock interviews, and making job matches.
- Update job boards and facilitate the use of the Internet for Job Search efforts.
- Host employer recruitment, make cold calls to potential employers and collaborate on job fairs.
- Meet weekly and monthly deadlines and be able to interface professionally with participants, potential employers, and collaborating agencies.
- Supervise activity in the Resource room, lead weekly soft skills workshops to local senior refugee community members.
- Carry a caseload of job ready clients identified by case managers as job ready.
- Other duties may be assigned as required to contribute to the efficient operation of the program.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and coaching skills.
- Must be able to work as part of the team and at the same time be able to work independently to reach stated objectives and goals.
- Ability to understand complex government regulations for eligibility and other government sources.
- Ability to multi-task and keep to deadlines and reach stated goals.
- Develop and write up job opportunities and have a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office skills, Microsoft Word, Outlook, Microsoft teams and strong computer applications and web-based programs.
- Should have concern for participants and a desire to inspire and assist the unemployed and disadvantaged to obtain employment.
- Know how to produce a concise, well written resume.
- BA or BS in Business or Social Services
Must be able to operate standard office equipment. Professional office attire required. Will work in business and classroom settings. Will travel between offices.
- $25 per hour
Please submit a cover letter and resume to . Subject line: REAS Job Developer – West LA
JVS SoCal is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, physical disability, mental disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, national or ethnic origin, genetic information or any other protected status.
About JVS SoCal:
Founded in 1931, JVS-SoCal is a nonprofit, non-sectarian social service agency, providing job training, career services, mentoring and placement assistance to diverse and multicultural populations, transforming lives and empowering individuals to achieve dignity and economic independence through sustainable employment. JVS SoCal currently serves 40,000 to 50,000 clients annually at over 20 locations throughout Southern California, including Los Angeles, Riverside, San Bernardino, and Orange Counties.