Job seekers and businesses alike can access a comprehensive range of employment services at no cost, from training opportunities and placement assistance to candidate recruitment, at the America’s Job Centers of California, operated by JVS SoCal.
JVS So-Cal has a grant that supports the TSE Program.
The Transitional Subsidized Employment (TSE) program provides subsidized employment opportunities for CalWORKs participants. Typically, workers are assigned to work in public agencies or private non-profit organizations. TSE helps overcome barriers to employment through fully supervised, paid work experience, and paid on-the-job training (OJT) with the goal of enabling the participant to secure unsubsidized employment after completion of their work assignment.
Job Description and Duties:
- Receives referrals from DPSS, GAIN, CAN/Tayportunity, and GROW for TSE projects.
- Reviews mandatory documentation and forms, ensures accuracy, and enters data into agency databases.
- Seeks out appropriate work opportunities in the community and works with businesses to hire participants and/or serve as work experience and on-the-job training sites.
- Encourages and supports job seeking participants and assists to place in work experience training or on-the-job training.
- Oversees all aspects of training to ensure participants receive appropriate supervision and training and completes all paperwork in a timely manner.
- Facilitates workshops and provides work readiness training for participants as needed.
- While participants are in the program, oversees their progress and works with employers to support all program goals.
- Interfaces and collaborates with GAIN case managers, GROW case managers, employers, South Bay WIB staff and participants to obtain the necessary forms and sharing the required documentation.
- Will work as part of a team to leverage resources to support the goal of long term, non-subsidized job placement for all TSE participants. This includes involving participants in job fairs and recruitments.
- Requires excellent customer service and responsiveness to management, partners, and funders.
Qualifications and Position Requirements:
- Demonstrated experience communicating effectively with stakeholders in written and oral form, including electronic media, using positive interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter with BA or more than four years of successful experience working WIOA or GAIN placement programs.
- Must have exceptional customer service and communication skills, strong boundaries, and demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations.
- Must demonstrate good judgment and the ability to work under deadline.
- Knowledge of WIOA common measures and requirement are needed.
- Proficient in Microsoft office products including Outlook, Work, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must be assertive, friendly and willing to work flexible hours to meet objectives and goals.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Office environment; will require travel to site visits and attendance at out of office meetings. Must be able to operate standard office equipment.
- BA or 3 or more years of related experience preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish.
JVS SoCal is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
About JVS SoCal:
Founded in 1931, JVS SoCal is a nonprofit, non-sectarian social service agency, providing job training, career services, mentoring and placement assistance to diverse and multicultural populations, transforming lives and empowering individuals to achieve dignity and economic independence through sustainable employment. JVS SoCal currently serves 40,000 to 50,000 clients annually at over 20 locations throughout Southern California, including Los Angeles, Riverside, San Bernardino, and Orange Counties.