Job Description and Duties:
As part of the JVS So Cal Veterans Peer Access Network (VPAN), The primary function of this role is to be the gatekeeper of all client referrals to the Veteran Peer Access Network (VPAN) program and to provide administrative support to the VPAN Program Manager. Strong interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and high analytic aptitude are musts.
- Review, assess, and triage referrals from Unite Us and other referral sources. Contact Veterans, Military Family Members, and referring parties to obtain additional information such as demographic data and a brief assessment of service needs which may include current stressors, environmental stressors, family relationships, and personality traits that may have a bearing on the Veteran/Military family members identified needs
- Provide information to clients about resources within the community, assist clients in selecting appropriate resources, contact agencies to help with linkage, and educate how to utilize resources
- Knowledge of Mandated Reporting duties such as reporting situations involving adults, dependent adults, older adults, and children reported being endangered by abuse, neglect, exploitation, unsafe or hazardous living conditions, and taking appropriate action and reporting to the appropriate agency to eliminate or reduce the possibility of endangerment.
- Support the VPAN team to secure appropriate client resources based on identified needs.
- Be an expert user of Unite Us referral platform and act as Primary Contact for screening, accepting, and rejecting referrals within 24 hours and no later than two business days.
- Coordinate with DMH gatekeeper/DMVA/other CBOs as needed to provide Veteran and Military family members proper coordination of care. Develop and serve as a high-level liaison with strategic community service providers to facilitate client care.
- Assist program leader(s) in processing reports, analyzing, and interpreting program data reports via Unite Us platform to report on outcome measures, trends in services requested, and utilization of services served by providers in the community.
- Attend all required trainings as outlined VPAN Management team
- Participate in and represent VPAN in community meetings, inter and intra agencies meetings, and team conferences as needed.
- Help collect photos and information to be shared with the VPAN communication team to feed social media and other communication channels.
- Perform other assignments as needed to support the Program Manager and Team. Must be available to work flexible hours, including evenings and some weekends
Qualifications and Position Requirements:
- Knowledge surrounding stressors such as: homelessness, suicide, and other socio-economic factors affecting the quality of life of Veterans and military and veteran
- Knowledgeable about services for underserved populations and individuals/families experiencing homelessness throughout Los Angeles County
- Knowledge of the dynamics of chemical dependency, mental illness, and homelessness
- Ability to speak in public and provide educational workshops
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills, including relevant client tracking/database systems, internet, email, and MS Office suite.
- Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Minimum of 2 years of social services case management and outreach directly tied to homelessness. Providing services to military veterans and family members preferred.
- Prior experience in developing reports and analyzing program data preferred
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
Must be able to lift 15 lbs. with a fair amount of sitting, answering telephone calls, and movement within the Career Center. Requires traveling to employer and client work sites. May be required to work some evenings and/or weekends.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college specializing in Public Health, Nursing, Rehabilitation, Social Work, Education, Behavioral Sciences, Public Administration, or Urban Planning, and two years’ post-degree experience in ocial services, case management, and outreach directly tied to homelessness.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
- Prior Military Experience is highly desirable.
JVS SoCal is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
About JVS SoCal:
Founded in 1931, JVS SoCal is a nonprofit, non-sectarian social service agency, providing job training, career services, mentoring and placement assistance to diverse and multicultural populations, transforming lives and empowering individuals to achieve dignity and economic independence through sustainable employment. JVS SoCal currently serves 40,000 to 50,000 clients annually at over 20 locations throughout Southern California, including Los Angeles, Riverside, San Bernardino, and Orange Counties.