Job seekers and businesses alike can access a comprehensive range of employment services at no cost, from training opportunities and placement assistance to candidate recruitment, at the America’s Job Centers of California, operated by JVS SoCal in West L.A.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The Front Desk Receptionist is the customer facing role for the West LA Job Center and is the key person on the Welcome team. This individual loves people and enjoys helping others. The Receptionist meets and greets people coming into the lobby, ranging from the homeless to PHDs.
The Receptionist understands the programs that the Center offers and helps jobseekers use our Resource Center or contact staff they have appointments with. This Receptionist answers questions and responds to all inquiries the public may have about the Center and services.
The Receptionist is always looking for ways to improve our customer service. In addition to providing Front Desk reception, the Receptionist is also available as a back up to our Intake Specialist, providing enrollment services when needed.
The Receptionist may also assist in providing follow up on past participants by emailing or texting them. The Receptionist is a team player and works with different programs and managers to ensure the Center’s
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Enthusiastic, energetic, friendly, and personable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position at the front desk for the majority of the workday.
- World class customer service skills.
- Works hard, multi-tasks and is a problem solver.
- A team player.
- Must possess a working knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- High School diploma or GED. AA in Business or experience in a Job Center preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish or other community-based language a plus.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Office or classroom environment in business/library fast paced setting.
- Must be able to lift 15 lbs. with a fair amount of sitting, answering telephones, and movement within the resource library.
JVS SoCal is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
About JVS SoCal:
Founded in 1931, JVS-SoCal is a nonprofit, non-sectarian social service agency, providing job training, career services, mentoring and placement assistance to diverse and multicultural populations, transforming lives and empowering individuals to achieve dignity and economic independence through sustainable employment. JVS SoCal currently serves 40,000 to 50,000 clients annually at over 20 locations throughout Southern California, including Los Angeles, Riverside, San Bernardino, and Orange Counties.