To All JVSWorks Career Training Applicants:
All JVSWorks orientations and career training programs have resumed operation utilizing online learning and limited in-person classes with strict observance of mask wearing, physical distancing and sanitization.
Are you good with your hands? Like fixing things? Have customer service skills?
Enter The Growing Apartment Maintenance Industry
In partnership with the National Apartment Association and Southern California’s leading real estate development and property management firms, ApartmentWorks prepares job seekers for positions as Certified Apartment Maintenance Technicians (CAMT). This intensive 8-week career training program offers job training, job placement assistance, and ongoing career coaching. Apartment Maintenance Technicians earn an excellent starting salary as well as benefits and have opportunities for advancement.
ApartmentWorks is a nationally recognized job training program offered at no cost to eligible applicants. Class sizes are limited. Apply now! (Link to application) If you qualify, we guarantee you will interview with employers upon successful completion of the program.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
ApartmentWorks instructors will teach you technical skills such as:
- Drywall repair
- Appliance repair
- Electrical maintenance
- Introduction to heating and cooling systems
- Solutions to typical concerns facing an Apartment Maintenance Technician
- Entry level positions include Porter and CAMT (level one)
You will also learn interview skills, enhanced customer service skills, and proper documentation and communication skills. Upon completion and successfully passing the exam, you will earn your provisional certificate as an Apartment Maintenance Technician.
ApartmentWorks enjoys the partnership and support of major real estate development and property management companies looking for qualified, motivated candidates. We are approved by the National Apartment Association.
In His Own Words
Luis was a father looking for way to increase his skills so he could improve the life of his family. He found a promising new direction through the ApartmentWorks program and today he has a career with a future.
Schedule and Requirements
Next Training Session
Next Class: August 23, 2021
Location: This is a blended learning class. Classes will be held both online and in-person near Downtown Los Angeles.
Class meets Monday through Friday, from 5:00pm to 9:00pm, for eight (8) weeks
- Must be 18 or older
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED
- Must be fluent in English
- Basic computer skills
- Valid California driver’s license or state ID
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Must have six months work experience
- Prior experience cleaning, maintaining, or servicing homes/businesses is a plus
- Must be punctual with no work conflicts
- Must commit to perfect attendance for the duration of the training program
- Must commit to a career in maintenance for a minimum of 1-year
- Acceptance conditioned upon passing a criminal background check
*Additional eligibility requirements will apply
Follow us on Facebook
Our Partners & Sponsors
- The Pfaffinger Foundation
- The Rose Hills Foundation
- The Michael & Irene Ross Endowment Fund of the Jewish Community Foundation of Los Angeles