In partnership with LA’s top banking institutions, BankWorks prepares job seekers for positions in banking as a first step on the career ladder in the financial services industry. This intensive eight-week program offers job training, job placement assistance and ongoing coaching for career advancement. BankWorks has achieved a solid track record in the placement and retention rates of its graduates.
Read the article about the graduation of the 50th class of JVS BankWork$ in the Los Angeles Business Journal. Read the article about JVS BankWorks in Working World Magazine. Watch Julio Cesar Ortiz's report on BankWork$ on Univision, Channel 34. Read the article about JVS BankWorks in Spanish newspaper, HOY.
Mariana Jimenez worked for years in a series of jobs with no future, until she discovered JVS' BankWorks program. During the eight weeks of training, she rose to the top of the class, exceeding even her own expectations. When she graduated, she received multiple offers from the banking partners who support the program. Today, she is a proud employee of Citibank, and is determined to move up the career ladder.
JVS BankWork$® Career Training Program Mini-Documentary
- Minimum age 18
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must speak & write English
- Basic computer skills
- Acceptance conditioned upon passing criminal background check
- Additional eligibility requirements will apply
The next session begins:
August 13, 2018
Apply online to reserve your spot. Class size is limited.
This is an 8-week course. The classes are held every Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9am to 4pm.
- Various locations - Los Angeles County
Apply online using the button at the top of this page
Phone: (310) 273-6633
- Bank of America
- Banc of California
- Bank of the West
- Sherri & Les Biller Family Foundation
- J.P. Morgan Chase
- City National Bank
- Comerica Bank
- Continental Currency Services
- HomeStreet Bank
- OneWest Bank (a division of CIT Group)
- Pacific Western Bank
- Pfaffinger Foundation
- Jay & Rose Phillips Family Foundation of California
- The Rose Hills Foundation
- Michael & Irene Ross Endowment Fund
- Union Bank
- US Bank
- Wells Fargo