This exciting program trains people with substantial barriers to employment for entry level careers in the rapidly growing healthcare industry as Certified Nurse Assistants. JVS provides intensive case management, job retention guidance and follow-up services to make sure that everyone who enters the program is successful. Many of our graduates have gone on to complete their LVN and RN training.
To date, the program has seen 95% of its students pass the State Certification exam, with 85% of graduates finding jobs within the first six months.
The HealthWorks program offers excellent career advancement opportunities, as well as a wide range of employment options including hospital, residential, rehabilitation and assisted living facilities. Participants are given individualized case management support throughout the program, which has resulted in an impressive level of student success.
The program is currently recruiting for upcoming sessions in Central Los Angeles and San Fernando Valley.
Eligible applicants must attend a mandatory orientation and complete an intake interview. Participants must also meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Demonstrate a strong interest in a healthcare career
- Minimum age 18
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must speak and write English
- Pass a pre-enrollment physical exam and detailed drug test
- Acceptance conditioned upon passing criminal background check
- Achieve required levels on oral English, reading, and basic math assessments
- Commit to perfect attendance for the duration of the training program
- Commit to search for full-time work as a CNA immediately after passing the State Certification exam
- Secure and retain a full-time CNA job for a minimum of 12 months.
- Additional requirements may apply
Upcoming Training Sessions
Next training session begins soon.
Apply online to reserve your spot - class size is limited.
Various locations - Los Angeles County
Apply online using the button at the top of this page
Phone: (310) 273-6633
- Bank of America
- Belmont Village Senior Living
- Jay and Rose Phillips Family Foundation of California
- JPMorgan Chase
- Michael and Irene Ross Endowment Fund
- Pfaffinger Foundation
- State of California Employment Training Panel
- Wells Fargo