JVS Scholarship Program
The JVS Scholarship Program provides qualified Jewish students whose primary residence is in Los Angeles with need-based financial aid, in the belief that education represents the first step to career success.
The JVS Scholarship application is closed for the 2018-2019 academic year. The application will reopen January 1, 2019 for the 2019-2020 academic year.
In partnership with private donors, JVS administers a scholarship program to provide qualified Jewish students with need-based financial aid. Since the inception of the JVS Scholarship Program in 1972, JVS has awarded more than 4,600 scholarships totaling over $8.5 million. Today’s recipients are pursuing both undergraduate and graduate studies at colleges, universities and vocational schools nationwide.
We are committed to providing as much aid to qualified recipients as possible and encourage students to reapply each year they are in school, so that we may help them throughout their post-secondary education. Today’s recipients are pursuing studies at community colleges, four-year colleges, universities, graduate schools and vocational schools in California and across the country.
In the words of a scholarship recipient:
"I am honored to receive your generous gift and am grateful for the opportunities it will provide me. My parents didn’t go to college and I was never sure that a university education would even be possible. This scholarship is helping me realize my dream!"
Do You Need Help Paying for Your Education? you can Apply for a JVS Scholarship for the 2019-2020 on january 1, 2019.
- Must be Jewish
- Minimum age of 16 years
- Permanent and legal resident of Los Angeles County - for a minimum of three years
- U.S. citizen or documented legal permanent U.S. resident (green card)
- Planning to attend an accredited public or private college, university or vocational school in the U.S.
- Planning to enroll full-time (minimum 12 units per term)
- Maintain a minimum 2.7 GPA for undergraduate students and a minimum 3.0 GPA for graduate students for every semester or quarter enrolled
- Demonstrated and verifiable financial need including FAFSA (student aid report) and student and parent tax documents
PLEASE NOTE: JVS is charged for each application that is started - with that in mind please make sure that you are clicking on and starting the correct application. If you are unsure, please contact the JVS office at: scholarship.org.
The New Undergraduate 2019-2020 application will open January 1, 2019
The NEW Graduate 2019-2020 application will open January 1, 2019