Making a Difference in the Lives of Women
Empowering Women in Need
To create greater equity in the workplace and lift more women out of poverty and into new careers, JVS SoCal and the JVS Women’s Leadership Network (WLN) have launched the WLN Women’s Empowerment Fund (The WE Fund), raising funds for much needed career guidance, mentoring and job training services for women participating in JVS programs.
The WLN Empowerment Fund has raised over $300,000 towards its goal of $1 million. These funds are already at work making an impact, helping women secure career training and placement in living wage jobs.
Membership With a Purpose
WLN Membership Benefits
- Enjoy year-round networking opportunities with like-minded women
- Receive a complimentary ticket to the Annual WLN Woman to Woman Conference (value $250)
- Attend inspiring client graduations for JVS’ award-winning career training programs that are empowering people to change their lives.
- Receive WLN E-News
- Receive updates on the group’s impact through e-newsletters WLN Newsletter
- List your name in the WLN Directory
- Make a tax-deductible gift and change a life!
As a member of the WLN, you can become involved in one or all of the following ways:
- Help us reach out to women in need
- Choose to become a mentor
- Network with compassionate philanthropic women
- Enjoy exciting member events throughout the year
- Join the Leadership Council
Support the WLN Empowerment Fund
Two out of every three JVS clients are women. Though 53% of California women are employed, many earn minimum wage and are struggling to achieve economic self-sufficiency. This is especially true for female veterans, women who serve as head of their households, are divorced or widowed or those re-entering the workforce. The wage gap in California remains an obstacle to their economic well-being., For every $1 earned by white men, Latinas earn 42 cents, African American women earn 59 cents, Asian American women earn 75 cents, and white women earn 78 cents. JVS SoCal provides programming for these women, placing them in sustainable career paths, ensuring that they can lift themselves and their families out of the cycle of poverty.
We are pleased to report that we have already raised over $300,000 towards our goal of $1 Million to support women in our community. These funds are already at work having impact, helping dozens of women secure career training and placement in living wage jobs.
The Annual Woman to Woman Conference
Join the Women’s Leadership Network (WLN) as we celebrate inspirational women leaders in our community. Be inspired by their stories of challenges, triumphs, personal insights and more.
2019 WLN Leadership Council Members
Jane Z. Cohen
Eileen Coskey Fracchia*
Judy Flesh Rosenberg*
Change A Life Today