In partnership with Southern California’s top banking institutions, JVS BankWork$® prepares job seekers for positions in banking as a first step on the career ladder in the financial services industry. This intensive 8-week program offers job training, job placement assistance and ongoing coaching for career advancement. BankWork$® has achieved a solid track record in the placement and retention rates of its graduates. JVS BankWork$® is free to eligible applicants.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Invest in yourself and enter the growing financial services industry. The program prepares job seekers through a proven curriculum covering the basics of the banking profession and the customer service skills necessary for success. Graduates will be considered for positions ranging from entry level tellers to personal bankers.
Thanks to the support of over a dozen major banks as well as foundations and individual donors, the program is offered at no cost to eligible participants. BankWork$ is endorsed by the Western Bankers Association.
A BankWork$ Profile
Our partners at nonprofit Working Nation produced this video to share the BankWork$ story and to explore the future of work in the financial services sector.
Schedule and Requirements
Next Training Session
Class Starts: April 8, 2020
Class meets every Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9:00am to 4:00pm. This is an 8-week course.
- Must be 18 or older
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED
- Must be fluent in English
- Valid California ID
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Basic computer skills
- Minimum of six months customer service experience, with additional experience in cash handling or sales preferred
- Achieve required levels on math and reading assessments
- Must commit to perfect attendance for the duration of the training program
- Acceptance conditioned upon passing criminal background check
*Additional eligibility requirements will apply
Follow us on Facebook
Our Partners & Sponsors
- The Pfaffinger Foundation
- The Rose Hills Foundation
- The Michael & Irene Ross Endowment Fund of the Jewish Community Foundation of Los Angeles