To All JVSWorks Career Training Applicants:
All JVSWorks orientations and career training programs have resumed operation utilizing online learning and limited in-person classes with strict observance of mask wearing, physical distancing and sanitization.
Do you have sales, retail, cashier, or food service experience?
Enter the Growing Financial Services Industry
In partnership with Southern California’s top banking institutions, BankWork$ prepares job seekers for positions in banking as a first step on the career ladder in the dynamic financial services industry. This intensive 8-week career training program offers job training, job placement assistance, and ongoing coaching for career advancement.
BankWork$ is offered at no cost to eligible applicants. Class sizes are limited. Apply now! If you qualify, we guarantee you will interview with employers upon successful completion of the program. Graduates find a pathway to fulfilling, lasting careers in a fast-growing field and enjoy stable, competitive income, opportunity for advancement, and benefits like health insurance and a retirement plan.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
BankWork$ instructors will teach you the fundamentals of the banking profession including:
- Sales and customer service
- Banking and lending products
- Basic accounting
- Relationship building skills necessary for success.
- How to utilize technology to meet the needs of today’s mobile customers
- Entry level positions include Teller, Personal Banker, Relationship Banker, and many more.
BankWork$ enjoys the partnership and support of Southern California’s largest banks and credit unions. BankWork$ is endorsed by the Western Bankers Association.
Why settle for a job when JVS SoCal can help you start a career?
JVS SoCal’s BankWork$ empowers you to take control of your future by helping you unlock the skills and confidence you need for a rewarding career in Banking.
Schedule and Requirements
Next Training Session
- Date: January 25, 2023
- Location: Hybrid, in-person Long Beach with online learning.
Class meets every Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9:00am to 4:00pm. This is an 8-week course.
- Must be 18 or older
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED
- Must be fluent in English
- Valid California driver’s license or state ID
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Basic computer skills
- Minimum of six months customer service experience, with additional experience in cash handling or sales preferred
- Must pass math and reading assessments
- Must commit to perfect attendance for the duration of the training program
- Acceptance conditioned upon passing criminal background check
*Additional eligibility requirements may apply
For any additional questions, please contact our Recruitment Intake Supervisor, Debbie Gudiel at .
Follow us on Facebook