To All JVSWorks Career Training Applicants:
All JVSWorks orientations and career training programs have resumed operation utilizing online learning and limited in-person classes with strict observance of mask wearing, physical distancing and sanitization.
Do you have customer service or retail experience? Are you empathetic? Computer savvy? Bilingual in Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin, or Armenian?
Enter The Growing Healthcare Industry
In partnership with Southern California’s leading healthcare providers, CareerWork$ Medical prepares for non-clinical positions in hospital and clinic environments as a first step on the career ladder in the rapidly growing healthcare industry. This intensive 8-week career training program offers job training, job placement assistance, and ongoing coaching for career advancement.
CareerWork$ Medical is offered at no cost to eligible applicants. Class sizes are limited. Apply now ! If you qualify, we guarantee you will interview with employers upon successful completion of the program. Graduates find a pathway to fulfilling, lasting careers in a fast-growing field and enjoy stable income and benefits.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
If you are interested in the healthcare industry but prefer a non-clinical career, this program is for you. CareerWork$ Medical instructors will teach you the fundamentals healthcare admin including:
- The history of healthcare, from Hippocrates to today
- Understanding healthcare insurance
- What a typical day working in healthcare is like
- Medical terminology
- Entry level positions include Administrative Assistant, Patient Service Representative, Project Coordinator, Insurance Verification, Call Center Representative, Nutrition Services and more!
Thanks to the support of major hospitals, clinics and healthcare service providers, this program is offered at no cost to eligible applicants.
Why settle for a job when JVS SoCal can help you start a career?
JVS SoCal’s CareerWork$ Medical empowers you to take control of your future by helping you unlock the skills and confidence you need for a rewarding career in Healthcare.
Schedule and Requirements
Next Training Session
Next Class: July 10, 2023
Location: Hybrid – online and in-person in West Los Angeles
Class meets Monday, Wednesday and Friday, from 9:00am to 4:00pm. This is an 8-week course.
- Must be 18 or older
- Must speak, read and write English (we also encourage applicants who are biliterate in English/Spanish, English/Mandarin, English/Cantonese, and English/Armenian.)
- High School Diploma or GED
- Acceptance conditioned upon passing criminal background check
- Valid California driver’s license or state ID
- Must pass a pre-enrollment drug and tobacco screening
- Previous experience in any of the following:
- Customer Service
- Retail sales
- Food Service
- Administrative Assistant
*Additional eligibility requirements will apply
Follow us on Facebook