This exciting program trains individuals for entry level careers in the rapidly growing healthcare industry as Certified Nurse Assistants. JVS HealthWorks® provides intensive case management, job retention guidance and follow-up services, which has resulted in an impressive level of student success in a wide range of employment options including rehabilitation and assisted living facilities. Many of our graduates have gone on to complete advanced training in the Healthcare field.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Become a Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) through a combination of classroom instruction and clinical experience. This is the first step on the healthcare career ladder if you are interested in a nursing career. Upon completion of the training, students will be prepared for the California State Certification Exam.
Thanks to the support of a range of employers, including rehab and senior living facilities, dedicated to meeting the growing healthcare needs of the community, the program is offered at no cost to eligible applicants.
Felicia shares her inspiring story about how the HealthWorks® training program helped her overcome obstacles and transform her life.
Schedule and Requirements
Next Training Session
Class meets every Monday through Friday, typically from 7:00am to 3:00pm. This is an 8-week course.
- Must be 18 or older
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED
- Must be fluent in English
- Valid California ID
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Achieve required grade levels in math and reading assessments
- Acceptance conditioned upon passing criminal background check
- Must commit to perfect attendance for the duration of the training program
- Drug screening (includes marijuana)
*Additional eligibility requirements will apply
Phone: (213) 481-5488
Follow us on Facebook
Our Partners & Sponsors
- The Pfaffinger Foundation
- The Rose Hills Foundation
- The Michael & Irene Ross Endowment Fund of the Jewish Community Foundation of Los Angeles