Los Angeles Veterans
Technology Training Academy
JVS SoCal, in partnership with the City of Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, and WDACS, is excited to bring to Veterans in Los Angeles County, Los Angeles Veterans Technology Training Academy. JVS SoCal is committed to empowering Veterans & transitioning service members with training opportunities that lead to meaningful careers in the tech industry. This new program is offered by JVS SoCal’s Veteran Services Department.
Built on a Microsoft curriculum, Los Angeles is proud to introduce this training program to its Veterans. The LAVTTA is free to all Veteran Angelenos and will make Los Angeles an unmistakable leader in technology training. A product of a public-private partnership between the Mayor’s Office of Military and Veterans Affairs, Microsoft, the Los Angeles County Workforce Development Board, JVS SoCal and Fast Lane US, a certified Microsoft learning partner, this effort will result in Veterans earning certificates that will lead to jobs in software engineering, cloud application development and cloud administration.
Los Angeles Veterans Technology Training Academy (LAVTTA) is a FREE full-time, 16-week, training program that includes a solid technical foundation and uses practical, hands-on exercises, virtual labs, and includes access to earn certifications in Microsoft Azure.
- Be a Veteran or Transitioning Service Member who is a resident of Los Angeles County
- Attend a LAVTTA Informational Session
- Be currently unemployed or underemployed
- Be able to provide proof of military service and authorization to work in the U.S.
- Have a Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) certification *** or active CompTIA Network+ or CompTIA Security+ certification
- Employment opportunities
***Assistance and training is available to Veterans lacking a MTA certification to qualify for LAVTTA.