Greater Avenues for Independence  Refugee Employment and Acculturation Services

The Greater Avenues for Independence (GAIN) is an L.A. County program that provides employment-related services to CalWORKs recipients to help them find employment, stay employed, and move on to higher paying jobs. This will ultimately lead them to self-sufficiency and independence.

The GAIN program conducts Job Fairs where highly motivated and qualified participants are available for interviews, evaluation, and hiring on the spot. Participation in Job Fairs and other employer-related services is free for employers. GAIN offers candidates that are prepared and available for interviews on short notice. Applicants are pre-screened to meet employers’ needs. Businesses may be eligible for a tax credit for participation.

GAIN (Greater Avenues for Independence)

JVS SoCal and MAXIMUS partner to help participants of Los Angeles County’s GAIN Program. More than 15,000 people in the Greater Los Angeles area benefit annually from our services at offices in Chatsworth, Palmdale and Santa Clarita.

Greater Avenues for Independence Los Angeles County

To participate, you must be registered through L.A. County in the GAIN program.

Chatsworth, Palmdale, Santa Clarita

REAS (Refugee Employment and Acculturation Services)

The REAS program, formerly known as REP (Refugee Employment Services), is designed to assist refugees to attain self- sufficiency by providing culturally and linguistically sensitive employment and specialized services in an effort to assist them through the initial adjustment period following arrival into the United States.

Employment for refugees Canoga Park California

To participate, you must be registered through L.A. County in the REAS program.

Glendale: 315 Arden Ave. Glendale, CA 91202.
Canoga Park: Canoga Park WorkSource Center 21010 Vanowen St. Canoga Park, CA 91303

Services under this program are available to refugees who are aided through the California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKs), Medical Assistance, Cal-Fresh Assistance Refugee Cash Assistance (RCA), or General Relief (GR) programs. Services are also provided to refugees not aided through a public assistance program, as well as non-citizens who are victims of human trafficking, domestic violence, and other serious crimes. Refugees are eligible for REAS services for the first five years after entry into the United States.