Veteran Peer Access Network | Supervisorial District 1
You Served Your Country. Now, We’re Here to Help You.
The first-ever community-driven support network serving Veterans and their families in the U.S., the Veteran Peer Access Network (VPAN), connects Veterans, regardless of discharge status, and their family members to community resources. This assistance is provided to address what is preventing Veterans from success in civilian employment, such as transportation, health care, mental health, education and employment. This new program is offered by JVS SoCal’s Veteran Services Department.
The network embodies the #YouMatter ideal – that veterans deserve hope, well-being and a greater quality of life as valued members of the L.A. County community.
Resources available include:
- Mental Health – Treatment for trauma from combat exposure, military sexual trauma, relationship and intimacy issues
- Substance Misuse Support – Treatment for substance use disorders, including misuse of alcohol, prescription medication and other drugs
- Housing – Temporary and permanent housing for veterans and their families, help locating housing
- Workforce Development and Employment– Help with developing interview skills, resume creation, job coaching, plus volunteer and job opportunities
- Healthcare – Enrollment into VA healthcare, transportation to appointments, ensuring access to prescription medications
- Education – Support with school enrollment, vocational training, tuition assistance
- Miscellaneous – Food, childcare, transportation, financial assistance and more
- Legal Services – Help with eviction prevention, discharge upgrade, applying for VA benefits, etc.
- Social Connection/Recreation – Opportunities to connect with other veterans in a variety of settings
Apply for Assitance
By completing the form, you’ll be entered into our secure, coordinated network of community resources, powered by Unite Us, that is available to help. A specialist will contact you after you submit the form.
Meet the Team
Navigating the RED Tape
Second Wednesday of Each Month at 3:30pm
Register at https://bityl.co/8UAu