We assist all military veterans with a special focus on women veterans and post-9/11 veterans by providing professional career coaching, assessments to identify transferable skills, training in high growth career sectors, plus job search skills and job placement assistance. Participants connect with other veterans through the program’s networking groups, workshops and events. The Veterans First team partners closely with the L.A. County veterans America’s Job Center downtown at Bob Hope Patriotic Hall to maximize veterans’ benefits, services and training opportunities.
Services for Veterans include:
- Professional career coaching to navigate the civilian business and workplace culture
- Assessments to help identify your interests, strengths and transferable skills for the civilian job market
- Job placement assistance, networking and peer support
- Comprehensive resources and referrals to help maximize benefits and connect you with other services
- Funding for specific vocational training opportunities for eligible veterans
Alex and Analy
U.S. Navy veteran Alex Tapanya was deployed as a combat medic and later stationed at the Pentagon on September 11. His wife Analy served in the U.S. Army and both faced overwhelming challenges when they discharged, struggling to establish civilian careers. The JVS Veterans First program paid for Alex’s advanced training in cybersecurity and Analy’s course in data analytics. Today they are both working and thriving as they raise their two young children.
- Any veteran with a DD214, who has served on active duty, as a reservist or as a member of the National Guard
- Eligible veterans of Operation Iraqi Freedom (OIF) and Operation Enduring Freedom (OEF)
- Eligible spouses
- Veterans AJCC – Bob Hope Patriotic Hall, Downtown Los Angeles
- West Los Angeles WorkSource Center
JVS Veterans in Tech
Veterans in Tech trains qualified, highly motivated veterans in the IT/computer science fields and connects them with local employers who are seeking candidates for open positions. These veterans come with certifications and a broad range of experience.
If you are a veteran who is currently training in computer science or need certifications this NO COST program is for you!
Veterans in Tech Resources offered to Veterans:
- Employment counseling services
- Job fairs with top industry employers
- Paid certifications in the IT/computer science fields
- Tutoring in preparation for certifications
- Eligible expenses paid for those veterans with gaps in tuition
- Comprehensive network of veteran resources in the community
- Resources available to family members of veterans
Veterans in Tech Resources offered to Employers:
- Full service candidate recruitment and screening to help fill open positions
- Partially subsidized internships to provide veterans with on-the-job experience
- Exclusive job fairs with qualified veteran candidates
To apply for Veterans in Tech training, please contact John Gutierrez.
Complimentary Services for Employers
- Free job posting
- Full lifecycle recruitment
- Career Fairs
- Retention Services
To learn more about military hiring initiatives and hiring through the JVS Veterans First program, please email email@example.com.
Providing a Bridge to Civilian Life
Christian Castillo joined the Air Force where he served honorably for 20 years. But his transition to civilian life was difficult. JVS helped Christian take advantage of his GI Bill benefits and find his calling.
Meet a Job-Ready Veteran Through Our Video Profiles for Veterans
As an added assistance to our highly skilled and motivated veteran clients, we are pleased to introduce a video gallery, including a link to each client’s resume and contact info. The Video Profiles project is made possible, at no cost to our clients, thanks to our generous funders and our partner, Big Voice Video. Click here to meet our veterans.
Generously Founded By
In Partnership with
Change A Life Today