The JVS HealthWorks® Career Pathways program offers career advancement resources and support for healthcare professionals. This program includes one-on-one career counseling and career planning, career workshops, healthcare symposia, and guidance for the pursuit of additional healthcare certifications and licensures. Professional development workshops cover a range of topics including creating and implementing a career plan, interview skills and the journey to becoming a registered nurse.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the healthcare industry will add 4 million new jobs by 2026, increasing the demand for qualified healthcare professionals. This program is a great opportunity for those interested in increasing job security and gaining additional skills.
INDIVIDUALIZED CAREER PLANS
Specialized Career Pathways plans are available to JVS HealthWorks Graduates and are designed using CNA certifications as entry points to begin healthcare careers. These plans carve out paths to becoming a Medical Doctor, Licensed Vocational Nurse or Registered Nurse, Respiratory Therapist and obtaining additional certifications as a Certified Nurse Assistant for promotional opportunities in the workplace.
Schedule and Requirements
Upcoming Career Workshops:
- Journey to Be a Restorative Nursing Assistant (RNA)
- Journey to Be a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
- Journey to Be a Registered Nurse (RN)
- Journey to Be a Respiratory Therapist (RT)
- Journey to Be a Physician Assistant (PA)
- Journey to Be a Nurse Practitioner (NP)
- Journey Beyond Registered Nurse
- Employee Initiative and Engagement
- Creating and Implementing a Career Plan
- When You Must be the Coach
- Job Searching with Social Media & Technology
- Resume Refresh
- Communication Styles
- Interviewing Skills & Techniques
- Do You Have Empathy?
- Professional Appearance & Etiquette
- Conducting Informational Interviews
- How to Develop a Good Relationship with Your Boss
- What is the Difference – Internship, Externship, Mentorship?
- So, You Want to Work in Memory Care – What Do You Do?
- So, You Want to Work in Hospice Care – What Do You Do?
- So, You Want to Work in Respiratory Care – What Do You Do?
- So, You Want to Work in Pediatric Care – What Do You Do?
- So, You Want to Work in Geriatric Care – What Do You Do?
- Reinvigorate Yourself in Your Job
- The Changing Face of Healthcare
- Growing My Job as a Healthcare Professional
- The Impact of Healthcare Jobs in Our Communities
Eligibility requirements for program, workshops and symposia participation may apply.
Phone: (310) 273-6633 x5470
HealthWorks Career Pathways Flyer
Our Partners & Sponsors
- The Ralph M. Parsons Foundation